• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

I make beater

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Tent pegs beware. As Clint said in Pale Rider, “nothing like a nice piece of hickory”. If my old Scoutmaster had seen my hatchet work he would have busted me back to Webelo, and my Shop Teacher would have gave me an “F” for safety violations on the table saw but here we are.
07112046-5215-47E5-8BE5-7D0C6F782EFC.jpeg

Last edited:
Tent stake whacker. And I came away unscathed in the making, no blood spilled (this time) and I’m pretty proud of that. I have another 11.5” piece and a couple of more 2 foot+ pieces so I may make some more of these little whackers and at least one larger two-handed job. Really pleased with the way this Hickory worked, it must have been just right moisture content wise. Coworker took the tree out a year and half or so back and brought me the pieces. They have been sitting under my carport since then.

Tent stake whacker. And I came away unscathed in the making, no blood spilled (this time) and I’m pretty proud of that. I have another 11.5” piece and a couple of more 2 foot+ pieces so I may make some more of these little whackers and at least one larger two-handed job. Really pleased with the way this Hickory worked, it must have been just right moisture content wise. Coworker took the tree out a year and half or so back and brought me the pieces. They have been sitting under my carport since then.
That should definitely do the trick for whacking in tent stakes! Have fun camping!

I made one of those once from a piece of hawthorn. It sure was practical. Mine eventually split. Elm ought to make a nice one. It doesn't like to split. Its interlocking grain holds things together.

Latest posts

Back