• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

I love the Enfield Musketoons

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since we are on the blissful subject of Enfield Musketoons, what do I have here ? Who made it, and where’s it from ? It’s been “de-farbed”, so I can’t tell much. The P-H on the lock part, may be a red-herring, though “perhaps”, it’s an Italian Parker-Hale. To add to the confusion, the barrel bands are brass !
The Serial # would be the key here, if all other markings have been removed

Euroarms did purchase the remaining stock of barrels and locks from Parker Hale , and used their own stocks with a combination of P-H parts at the beginning of Euroarms production run . I'm sure other members will know a lot more.

Brass barrel bands could be from a Euroarms Cook & Brother, either they got on there at the factory or someone thought they looked cool.

I have a Birmingham produced Parker-Hale P53 , barrel and lock are Birmingham produced and the stock is from a Euroarms Whitworth. So who knows how things ended up

The Serial # would be the key here, if all other markings have been removed

Euroarms did purchase the remaining stock of barrels and locks from Parker Hale , and used their own stocks with a combination of P-H parts at the beginning of Euroarms production run . I'm sure other members will know a lot more.

Brass barrel bands could be from a Euroarms Cook & Brother, either they got on there at the factory or someone thought they looked cool.

I have a Birmingham produced Parker-Hale P53 , barrel and lock are Birmingham produced and the stock is from a Euroarms Whitworth. So who knows how things ended up
That makes sense ! Thank you.

Out of ignorance, but didn't only PH use walnut whilst other continental makers use mystery wood?

Well heres three of My Confederate Carbines. I made the 2 Richmonds. top one has a Whitacre bbl 3 lands and grooves, 1:72 and the center one has a Harmon/Large bbl 1:48, 7 lands and grooves
Both are excellent shooters.

The J P Murray is a Zoli that I reworked, a good little shooter. 3 lands and grooves.
I love Confederate carbines. They are fun shooters, and carry real easy when hunting the north woods of Wisconsin.

Dave

Attachments

• 20210421_171635.jpg
    20210421_171635.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 24
  • 20201129_183428.jpg
    20201129_183428.jpg
    186.5 KB · Views: 26
  • 20220214_201709.jpg
    20220214_201709.jpg
    187 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
So; I found David Minshall's is a champion shooter. Author too? A google found he posts over here:

https://www.muzzleloadingforum.com/threads/p53-p58-enfield-target-shooters-here.104189/
Here is more discussion on the Parker Hale, repros:

The quality is second to none on the English made Parker Hales. They prefer certain loads over others to get optimal accuracy and the minie ball sizing is critical.
and

Best quality, progressive depth rifling like the originals. Get onto David Minshalls' Research Press and managing the enfield, that will pretty much sort you out. PH is my first choice for the Enfield reproductions.
https://www.muzzleloadingforum.com/threads/parker-hale-musketoon-quality.117322/
Thats what I hear, the parker hales are the best.

Since we are on the blissful subject of Enfield Musketoons, what do I have here ? Who made it, and where’s it from ? It’s been “de-farbed”, so I can’t tell much. The P-H on the lock part, may be a red-herring, though “perhaps”, it’s an Italian Parker-Hale. To add to the confusion, the barrel bands are brass !
Your rifle was made by Armi San Palo, this before Euroarms was formed. The circle DGG is their trademark. The P-H marked part is a Parker Hale part from the parts purchased by Armi San Palo when Parker hale stopped production in England and sold off parts and equipment. YMMV

I was just going to condition it really well to darken it up a little, then let it get dirty and get some character on it .

I also have a couple Enfield style boxes that I use occasionally, because the Pritchett cartridges don't fit in the 40-round "American " type box
Leather lasts longer if it is protected against random staining etc .

Loading with the 1863 Pattern cartridges. So easy even I can do it.

I like to use these weapons like they were designed to be used, like the military rifles that they are.

I see guys on YouTube loading military muzzle loading rifles with loose powder, pounding oversized bullets down bores, doing weird stuff.

The paper cartridges really enhance the overall enjoyment with these plus you don't need a bench or a workspace to shoot, just a cartridge box and a cap pouch.

Back