• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

I just received this from Estes Rockets about the GOEX plant!!!!!!!!!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unless and until they support youth shooting sports it's Schuetzen only.
Yeah, so you've said repeatedly, ad nauseum, on these good news threads. We get it. You want a hand out for your scout program. Sometimes things just don't work out. You need to get over it, and be glad that Goex had apparently been saved.

Yeah, so you've said repeatedly, ad nauseum, on these good news threads. We get it. You want a hand out for your scout program. Sometimes things just don't work out. You need to get over it, and be glad that Goex had apparently been saved.

Nope. It looks like you're in the minority who think getting kids on the range and introducing them to muzzleloading is a worthless effort. There is a reason this hobby has been declining and it all comes back to kids. They don't learn any history about our ancestors and if they do, it's going to be poisoned with political correctness. Couple that with your attitude and muzzleloaders are going to be a very small part of shrinking shooting sports that are vilified in the mass media. You're either part of the solution or part of the problem. There is no middle ground anymore.

Is it the local folks in Arlington supporting the youth or is the support coming directly from across the pond?

I will continue to buy Goex, it is American made using U.S. raw materials. Goex is paying taxes here to support the U.S., local, state and federal needs. Revenue made here by Swiss goes back across the pond, it does not stay here to support our economy.

Why is Swiss delivered to Canada, where it is unloaded, bypassing the unloading by U.S. stevedores and warehousing when unloaded?

Insight would be appreciated.
See the political wrangling and cargo ships backing up outside many ports? Be glad they got it in.

"You're either part of the solution or part of the problem. There is no middle ground anymore."

Do the kids get "FREE" feed for their show animals? When they sell their animals what happens to the money? Is it shared equally with others in the group?

Answer that, there is no middle ground.

What is going to happen to those kids, when they get out of the 4H thing, and they find out neither the rifles, the powder, the caps or the balls are free? Will they stay with it then?

They are about to find everything in life is not free and that they need to prioritize. They will find a job (hopefully) to subsidize their social life, buy clothes and save toward their education. They will discover other interests and there may not be any time for the shooting sports but hopefully the seeds planted will produce. There will be an education, career and family to start but when the pressure has relented somewhat perhaps they will remember the fun they had shooting black powder with their friends.

We all should understand that we need to support each other regardless of our individual interests. We can all be happy that another source is available...if for nothing more than competition keeps prices in check on our favored brands. I applaud all of you that support kid programs and the brands that sponsor them as well as all of you that intend to support Made In USA when that day comes.
God Bless You All,
Ben

"You're either part of the solution or part of the problem. There is no middle ground anymore."

Do the kids get "FREE" feed for their show animals? When they sell their animals what happens to the money? Is it shared equally with others in the group?

Wow, an answer worthy of Karl Marx himself.

Bingo.Plus alot of those kids get sponsors from feed companies like Agway and such and promote the feed they get.Maybe Schuetzen has rights and Goex couldn,t come in and step on their toes so to speak.

Pick your battles. Not too sure why anyone would pick this battle amongst those they should consider as friends. When shooting sports are being politically attacked, why antagonize the people that will stand by you to defend those rights? Is brand jousting, name calling, etc. really your chosen battle?

I agree with Juniata…I love the old tin containers!

Well we are in a hobby that enjoys old outdated yet quality firearms, it would only make sense that same discription would fit the black powder containers we use....rather than a plastic bottle. Heck I'd pay an extra $1 or 2 a for a pound

Back