• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

I just received this from Estes Rockets about the GOEX plant!!!!!!!!!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
pic.jpg
Sandra Cox (Estes Rockets)
Feb 1, 2022, 8:49 AM MST
Larry,

Thank you for contacting Estes customer service. Listed below is our press release on the new of Estes purchasing the GOEX plant. Do not hesitate to reach out to me if I can be of additional assistance.

Estes Energetics to Extend the GOEX Black Powder Production Legacy
Estes Energetics has acquired the assets of GOEX, the premier black powder brand, and will continue and grow production at its Louisiana manufacturing facility.
NEWS PROVIDED BY
Estes Energetics
Jan 31, 2022, 08:36 ET
SHARE THIS ARTICLE

MINDEN, La., Jan. 31, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- Estes Energetics (https://estesenergetics.com/) is pleased to announce the acquisition of GOEX from Hodgdon Powder Company. This last remaining commercial scale black powder factory in the United States produces GOEX and Olde Eynsford brands of black powder, which are highly regarded by competitive and recreational shooters, re-enactors, and muzzleloading hunters, as well as fireworks manufacturers. GOEX black powder also propels the model rocket motors of sister company Estes Industries, the leading model rocket brand, and supports the needs of the U.S. Military.
The acquisition of GOEX was completed in January 2022. "We are extremely excited to extend the relationship with our loyal customers as we ramp up production to satisfy pent up demand later this year," said Karl Kulling, CEO of Estes Energetics.
GOEX traces its roots back to 1802, when DuPont began producing black powder in Delaware. DuPont's Belin plant in Pennsylvania became part of GOEX in the early 1970s. In 1997, the operations of GOEX were moved to Minden, Louisiana. Estes Energetics plans to continue this legacy of high-quality American made black powder, bringing innovation and full-spectrum engineering capability to fortify safety and quality.
About Estes Energetics
Estes Energetics is a defense and industrial company founded in 2021 that researches, designs, engineers, manufactures, tests, and integrates solid-propellant rocket motors, energetics and associated technologies for government and commercial customers. It combines practical propulsion solutions with advanced aerospace research and development. Estes Energetics has engineering, manufacturing, and test facilities in Penrose, Colorado near Colorado Springs. To learn more about Estes Energetics, please visit https://estesenergetics.com/
About GOEX Industries
GOEX Industries manufactures high quality black powder that is used for sporting and fireworks applications and is a vital component for industrial and military applications. GOEX has been producing American made black powder for more than 200 years and is the only U.S. manufacturer of black powder. To learn more about GOEX Industries please visit https://goexpowder.com/
Karl Kulling
CEO
Estes Energetics
[email protected]
719-372-6565 x270
SOURCE Estes Energetics
Larry

I posted this on its own thread, but here's a reply I received from the Estes CEO:

photo

Karl Kulling <[email protected]>
To:[email protected]

Wed, Feb 2 at 8:48 AM

Hi John,

I’m happy to hear from you and I have been impressed with the loyalty of GOEX customers. I’ve been receiving many messages from the black powder shooting and muzzleloading community, so I can feel the appreciation. We’re working as fast as we can to meet the pent up demand for GOEX powder while keeping the team making it safe and making the highest quality powder. We’ll keep you and all our loyal customers updated as we continue the legacy.

Karl

Karl Kulling
CEO, Estes Energetics

thumbnail

Estes Energetics | 1295 H Street | Penrose, CO 81240

Unless and until they support youth shooting sports it's Schuetzen only.

Is it the local folks in Arlington supporting the youth or is the support coming directly from across the pond?

I will continue to buy Goex, it is American made using U.S. raw materials. Goex is paying taxes here to support the U.S., local, state and federal needs. Revenue made here by Swiss goes back across the pond, it does not stay here to support our economy.

Why is Swiss delivered to Canada, where it is unloaded, bypassing the unloading by U.S. stevedores and warehousing when unloaded?

Insight would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Back