I just received this from Estes Rockets about the GOEX plant!!!!!!!!!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

Reaction score
I am just glad that GOEX is still being made in America and here in Louisiana - hopefully safely and at a profit that will allow the company to make decisions like providing free or discounted youth powder based on good business judgment. That decision can be made only if the company can make the endeavor workable in the first place.

Anyhow, glad GOEX will be back.

Ranch 13

40 Cal.
Reaction score
They are about to find everything in life is not free and that they need to prioritize. They will find a job (hopefully) to subsidize their social life, buy clothes and save toward their education. They will discover other interests and there may not be any time for the shooting sports but hopefully the seeds planted will produce. There will be an education, career and family to start but when the pressure has relented somewhat perhaps they will remember the fun they had shooting black powder with their friends.
Very true, but if you check on the purpose and the guidelines of the 4H Shooting program, one of the stated things the Leader is supposed to do , is to teach them the cost of the sport, and help them make decisions.
I'm acquainted with a few of the 4H shooting sports leaders around here, and none of them run a shake down operation on suppliers. They have the kids earn their own money for the basics.

Ray-Vigo

Yankee
Reaction score
Powder shortages are a long and well-honored tradition in the US, as is obtaining gunpowder from Europe. What's old is new, as they say.

Reaction score
Reaction score
Give it time. It will be a year before Goex is on the shelves and it will take longer than that to get established and build up a surplus before Goex can donate to charities.

Very true and given the startup costs (rebuilding, insurance, wages & benefits, etc.) against no income for nearly a year I wouldn't blame them for not feeling too charitable till they see a significant cash flow back into the coffers.