• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

I just finished another pistol

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is a pistol I started a few years ago but set aside while more pressing projects were finished. A walnut plank was donated to me by a friend who said it came from his old family farm. I have cut three stocks out of that piece and donated one to a friend in Ohio. The barrel was cut for me by Hoppy Hopkins back in the mid-'80s and has been sitting in my barrel bin for some time. It is a 13/16 x 10"x .40 caliber. The lock is a Davis Late English which I adjusted the spring pressures and polished the innards. I made the nose cap and rod end out of buffalo horn. I designed the side plate and cut it out of German silver. The wire inlay is also German silver. Now I need to talk myself into making a box for the thing. It seems like I always have too many projects going on but I like it that way.
P1090763.JPG
P1090760.JPG
P1090770.JPG
P1090761.JPG
P1090771.JPG

what does the TULIP symbolize, friend ship? no that is the PINAPPLE I beleave. at my age I easily get senior moments.

It was clearly worth the wait. Beautiful! The way you blend the wirework with the rest of your workmanship...
I particularly like the little details, such as what appears to be the brass (gold?) accent/focus in the center of the rear sight slot.
I agree fully with hawkeye2 about the gunsmithing craftsmanship on display here.

Last edited:
This is a pistol I started a few years ago but set aside while more pressing projects were finished. A walnut plank was donated to me by a friend who said it came from his old family farm. I have cut three stocks out of that piece and donated one to a friend in Ohio. The barrel was cut for me by Hoppy Hopkins back in the mid-'80s and has been sitting in my barrel bin for some time. It is a 13/16 x 10"x .40 caliber. The lock is a Davis Late English which I adjusted the spring pressures and polished the innards. I made the nose cap and rod end out of buffalo horn. I designed the side plate and cut it out of German silver. The wire inlay is also German silver. Now I need to talk myself into making a box for the thing. It seems like I always have too many projects going on but I like it that way. View attachment 39192View attachment 39193View attachment 39194View attachment 39195View attachment 39196

Back