• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

I just bought a cannon on ebay

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very, very nice. I think you will be happy. I'm amazed it was sold by ebay UK. It might have been the fact that it was already in the UK. After all, its all us crazy folk in the USA that have to be watched.

"in good condition but it has been rescued from the sea.."
might have helped it stay up. To me, that makes it more decorative than useable.

Steve

"in good condition but it has been rescued from the sea.." might have helped it stay up. To me, that makes it more decorative than useable.

If it was brass then the salt might have leeched out the zinc and left it copper coloured, iron tends to go porous but I think bronze would probably be okay, n'est ce pas?

I suspect that posting your ebay auction on a public forum before it finishes is asking for someone to push the "report this item" button and have it zapped. That could be why the other cannon disappeared so quickly after it was mentioned here. Let's be careful out there :thumbsup:

Well Ebay took my 1959 Red Ryder Daisy BB Gun off line and also takes BB gun parts off too. Says its a weapon instead of a "TOY"
Go figure??

I think it's just a trick of the light :hmm:

bent.jpg

Looks like I'm about to have a 3ft bronze cannon barrel(2" bore) extra in my armoury. Is there a need to put pics on classifieds. Barrel weighs around 70kgs and its in UK

Is there a need to put pics on classifieds

Of course you have to post pics, to do anything else would be unnatural ::

Classifieds?? Surely you don't want to sell it?

You should post pics here in the cannon section, preferably with flames and big clouds of smoke :thumbsup:

This is so unfair, everyone has cannons except me.

There's a little on in the mail, but I want a big one :cry:

If a 3 ft bronze one will do then pm me

That's very good of you to offer, would that it were that easy :(

I moaned about not having a cannon to Roger Emmerson and he said I could look after the demi culverin. Just imagine...

Me: Honey, would it be okay if I keep a cannon in the yard?

Her: Why for heaven's sake, and how big is it?

Me: A bit under three tons.

Her: Sure, why not, so long as you don't mind sleeping on the couch and living on takeaway.

Also, in the eyes of the law, it's a shotgun that won't fit inside any of my gun safes.

The police let me get away with a lot because although eccentric I am obviously quite harmless, but your piece is Napoleonic and I don't do Napoleonic so it might get in the way of other cannons which I can more easily justify.

I have lot of oak and elm seasoning for an ECW piece so I think I'd better stick with that, thanks for the offer though :thumbsup:

Even from a fellow Tiger, I must say that a breachloader is cheating.

Here is an 18 pound ML gun.

This is one that we do not own, but have visiting rights. I would say that it is the next best thing, but I really think that it is one better! Quite a nice piece that had been filled with cement until someone with good sense cleaned her out again. She roars out from Moultre toward Sumter for us when we want to train our troops on canon.

What a great place -- the wind is cool and mosquitoes cannot attack.

CS
1577576moultrieCanon2.jpg

Do like I do. Sneak down to the county court house with your powder in a bag that says "peanuts" and use one of theirs. You only get one shot though, before all the sirens and that holding-cell stuff.

I too am sadly cannonless. :cry:

There's a little on in the mail, but I want a big one :cry:
A major part of the enjoyment of having a cannon is the journey taken in obtaining one. For some it's the waiting time from cash(?) in hand to cannon in hand, For others it's the challenge of building your own. But what's wrong with having a "smaller" cannon? My own cannon is only 20 1/2 inches long and I am now thoroughly enjoying shooting it. It's also extremely accurate. If you were to accept a smaller version perhaps you could make it yourself and enjoy the sound and aroma of the blackpowder. The one I have was not really all that hard to construct, it simply took some time to do it. Once the project is started, the problems begin to disapear when the right attitude is put forward, ie, begin by saying, "I can definitely build this". It's done the same way a mouse eats an elephant, one mouthfull at a time until it's finished. The worst "put-down" in the english language is "I can't". The best is, "I can" and I have mates who will help me". (Mates? it's a lonely man who has no close mates). I used to tell my students, "You can do it when you never accept defeat". So go ahead, build one same as mine and enjoy.
Joe / Wedge
:thumbsup: :redthumb: :front:

Wedgetail Eagles rule the skies

Back