• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

I just bought a cannon on ebay

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robinghewitt

62 Cal.
Reaction score
A ship's rail gun to be precise, once lost to the deep but now back on dry land. It has a very wide muzzle trim so I'm guessing it's a Malaysian Lantaka, 18th to early 19th century, 25 inches of smoking fury with a 1" bore :thumbsup:

Can I play with the big boys now, huh, can I? :redthumb:

Post pictures?

The auction only ended an hour or so ago, I haven't got my sticky fingers on it yet.

If it turns out to be 2004 Philippino, I may go strangely quiet :shocking:

<<<If it turns out to be 2004 Philippino, I may go strangely quiet>>>

In that case, I am hoping to be happy for the proud Papa.

Good luck Robin!

YMHS,
CrackStock

And when can you expect this cannon to show up at your doorstep?

He hasn't answered my mail yet, but I just browsed his excellent ebay feedback. Seems he's been buying parts for a .30WCF Winchester rifle from Canada and body armour.

Probably completely off his trolley, have to hope he sends the Lantaka before he flips and tries to shoot it out with the police ::

Edit: And lots of silk cushions, why would he want silk cushions, body armour and a Winchester????

The silk pillows are for use after the armor fails. Need a nice place to lay for the nursing staff to take care of you.

He's off his nut. Just be glad he was willing to part with his swivel gun to finance more pillows. :crackup:
Seriously, can he be that much crazier than people who collect weapons deemed obsolete 150 years ago or more? :p
Good luck, here's to hoping it isn't a Manila sewer pipe. :thumbsup:

I thought that e-bay didn't allow the sale of any type of operable or even once-operable firearms? ::

Capt. William

Ebay doesnt care what you sell as long as it is not an automatic weapon, explosive device, cocaine/opiates or the like.
If you look closely on ebay, you can find lots of toxic material in the antique bottle section, just look for the "patent medicine" bottles.

Claypipe,
It had a BUY NOW of $4,200 US, so maybe someone snagged it (as opposed to the mincing Politically Correct nitwits at eBay booting that auction).

Nope, its been given the boot:

Invalid Item
This listing (6538314832) has been removed by eBay or is no longer available. Please make sure that you've entered the item number correctly.

The Auction Gestapho strike again!

ebay was more fun in the old days when you could buy guns and all sorts of fun toys.

People can get away with selling cannon as nonfunctional. I have seen modern ones with the vent hole not fully drilled. That makes it nonfunctional and politically correct. (nudge, nudge, wink, wink)

Would it be okay for the Squire to post a link to his new toy? I have a more than academic interest in what will slide by the ebay police.

Steve

Back