• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

I hope it will shoot

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Einsiedler

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Because it sure holds nice! All I need to do is finish browning the lock. I put all the goof ups and mistakes a blind man can put into a build. Learned what not to do, for sure!

Had this old barrel in my shop close to 40 years. Built new shop and found it! It's an old Dixie GW Standard Douglas .40 calibre. 15/16 AF. 1/66 twist. My fav deer and pig calibre!

Here piggy, piggy!!!

If it shoots as good as it looks, you have one heck of a fine gun on your hands. :thumbsup:

As a footnote, here's one of the reasons I built a new shop! All kinds of guests!

It was like Christmas! Found all manner of gun related accessories I forgot I had! Heck, there was even a second vise mounted on one end of my work bench I forgot I had!!! It was so cluttered with stuff!

Hopefully will get to shoot new rifle this following week! I do have an appointment with some porcine creatures!

I can't believe you evicted that snake.

It was the only thing keeping the mice out of your stuff...

Oh! He left on his own accord! I'm sure he's still out there. Just moved to a different shelf. Not to worried about mice. But we've had rats out here the size of grinners! And I know how you love grinners!!! 😁

Thanks! Shot it yesterday for first time! It's a keeper!!!!

Here's a better photo with the lock all finished and a simple leather sling in place;

Ready for the pig killin' fields!

Latest posts

Back