• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

I. Hollis 24ga single

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Got this little shotgun a couple weeks ago. It’s an I Hollis 24ga single weighing in at just under 5 pounds. Old straight through nipple had not been out since Moby Dick was a minnow. Soaked breech area in evapo rust then liquid wrench for a day or so. Some needle nose vice grips were used to break it loose. Still had good standard size 1/4-28 threads thankfully, so a new nipple was installed. Also had to make a new tapered loading rod. Bore is about as good as these old guns get and I have lots of 24ga wads and cards.
486B97C6-C971-484B-B358-10B78BC6E76D.jpeg
001F4191-4E22-4CA4-8F90-7C87813B20D9.jpeg
014BEC73-0F8E-41F3-B6C6-6768A29FC779.jpeg
04694E66-BDFD-4FA7-9CF4-DE50C993B7A4.jpeg

Sweet. Get a can of "Kroil" for rusted screw/bolt/nut removal. It "creeps" into threads. Use it on everything from guns to rusty farm implements. Even "frozen" motor on a jeep that sat over 20 years. Haven't snapped a bolt in years.

That said, you have a really nice gun. Enjoy.

That’s a sweet looking little shotgun. Looking at everyone’s shotguns on this site has me hankering for one.

Great looking smoothie!
That blue at the end of the barrel looks like it was torched and breech removed, either replaced or polished?
…now I see the gold inlays, that’s why the breech plug is cleaner
Nice touch

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back