• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

I have to admit...this feels like cheating...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
5257E927-1DB0-4287-8595-221DDFDCB34D.jpeg

Getting an early start this evening on our last weekend of muzzleloader season in Texas. No issue there.

But its cold and there is a stiff breeze blowing and my unfinished cabin has a feeder just 40 yards out the front door.

This sofa is not PC/HC at all...but it sure beats a metal tree stand seat!

Please pray for my forgiveness!

Last edited:
I have no problem hunting as such... do you think your great great grandfather ever opened the cabin door and said... "there's deer feeding on my rye 50 yards away... but it wouldn't be right to shoot them!"

I'll be hunting from my box blind tomorrow... good luck Brazos.

Are they custom? and if so, did you make them?
I can’t build them, I just shoot them.
The .62 is unsigned. Tapered barrel. Bought it from Lodgewood several years ago. Lots of honest wear but in great shape. I think it may have been a track kit.

The .40 was originally a Rice barreled .50...that barrel is signed. Don’t recall the name. It was a disaster when I bought it from a guy that fitted a .40 barrel to it and cut the stock and the .50 barrel...36” now on both. Had to do a lot of work to get it back to presentable. But now I have all the advantages of an awesome rifle with an incredible piece of wood and two wedged fitted barrels.

Doesn't look any different than a lot of box blinds! No different than sitting in a pop-up blind. When I was a kid I used to sit in an old corn crib to hunt woodchucks that burrowed under the barn. On another farm, we used to hunt deer out of an old barn loft (the barn was abandoned in a part of the farm away from the main buildings a bit). Is sitting 30 feet up a tree where they have little chance of seeing or smelling the hunter any more "sporting?"

Looks fine to me, but I might still say a prayer for you anyway! ;) 🤣

Comfort is where it is at. biliff only if that deer has a target on his shoulder, When I was a active firearms instructor it was common for deer to walk across the top of the berm while the officers were qualifying. Now talk about a excited range officer in the tower calling seace fire.

Great deer stand. Have taken more than a few deer out the back door and/or off the deck with archery tackle (muzzleloaders and CF rifles are legal, just prefer being stealthy) and do not feel guilty at all. Have bows setup at two different doors. Get grief from the bride for taking development deer (her words) but she complains in the spring and summer about there being too many deer eating every plant we have.

Back