• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

I have an old Dixie Gun Works Rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The ramrod appears to be the original unit for this rifle. It is 39.75 inches long, I do not have any attachments, no puller, no rammer no cleaning eye. The original has what appears to be a very small maybe number 6 x 32 thread tip that has a short metal tip with groovers cut around it but I have no idea what it's for. I think I need a new rod with a new set of attachments, (I could really use a patch puller right now as I have managed to have one separate from the rod about 33 to 35 inches down the barrel.) And to make it more interesting, I need all this new equipment to be in 40 caliber. What say you all, can you help??, So far almost each and every part the stores in Nampa Idaho have are 50 and 54 with an occasional 58 caliber gear. None seems to want to drop down my Belgin made Turner-Kirkland Tennessee rifle. I have found some equipment listed for 45 caliber, so there must be 40 caliber rifle equipmemt around somewhere.

To get the patch out you can use a 30 cal rifle rod with a bore brush on the end. Push it down and twist it. The patch should wrap around and stick to the bore brush and you can pull it out.

c@larry58v, you will have to make use of mail order suppliers. They will have the parts you need.

As mentioned above Track of the /wolf is a highly regarded supplier.

The is also Muzzleloader Builders' supplies. Muzzleloader Builder's Supply Home Page (muzzleloaderbuilderssupply.com)

October Country: Welcome (octobercountry.com)

Stonewall Creek: stonewallcreekoutfitters.com – Everything you need to build or fix your muzzleloader and flintlock rifle..

Since you have a rifle from them, there is that old classic supplier, Dixie Gun Works: Dixie Gun Works muzzleloading, blackpowder and rare antique gun supplies.

For wads, patches, rods and cleaning supplies, there is RMC-Ox Yoke: Wads & Patches – RMC Ox-Yoke Muzzleloader Supplies (rmcoxyoke.com)

And many other supplies that can fulfill your needs to get out and shoot your rifle.

To get the patch out you can use a 30 cal rifle rod with a bore brush on the end. Push it down and twist it. The patch should wrap around and stick to the bore brush and you can pull it out.
works great I have did it many times

Back