• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

I have a stuck bullet

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He also somewhat showed, and verbally described a lot of gunk in the bottom of the nipple seat. When removing a nipple that has corroded into place, you can't always assume that you will be able to shoot the dry ball out with a few grains of powder.

OTOH, the grease gun, and hydraulics, almost always works. If it doesn't, that barrel is trashed.

Your exactly right. The rusted fouling in the nipple seat there was no way I was getting powder in there to pop it out.

I wish I would have talked about my removing the nipple more.
You can see me heating up the snail and touching it with my thumb. I never heated the snail hot enough to burn my thumb. That way I know that I didn't compromise the heat treating of the breech plug.

I have a slug stuck in my Pedersoli .69 1816 , I was going to try to muscle it out or grease zerk it out but I'm lazy , and I happened to be about to send this musket to Lodgewood to get a Defarb.....they said they'd pull it out so I'll just pay someone else to deal with it :)

Lesson Learned: use properly sized projectiles

Back