• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

I can see, I can see!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dutch7, if you have Medicare, it covers most of it. If you opt for the lense upgrades then that is out of pocket. I don’t know about private insurance. When I had mine done a number of years ago I think I paid about $3000-$4000 out of pocket for the more expensive lense implant.

Dutch7, if you have Medicare, it covers most of it. If you opt for the lense upgrades then that is out of pocket. I don’t know about private insurance. When I had mine done a number of years ago I think I paid about $3000-$4000 out of pocket for the more expensive lense implant.
My Bi lateral cornea replacement, new lenses and cataract removal was 100% covered by Medicare. FWIW i can see folks walking around across a 1000yd wide river w/0 glasses and in technicolor!!!! All outpatient with 3 day recovery for each eye.

Another reason I didn't get a lens upgrade is I have astigmatism; they make a lens for astigmatism that is weighted at the bottom to keep it in place but I have read mixed reviews about it. My vision is very sharp but my eye DR said if I want perfect clarity i would need to wear glasses to correct the slight astigmatism I still have.

Glad to hear it worked for you. While I can see better without glasses than before . I have not been able to get glasses fit since the surgery. I have to get shoots in the one every four weeks. I can't even read a tape measure much less see the sights on my rifle.

Another reason I didn't get a lens upgrade is I have astigmatism; they make a lens for astigmatism that is weighted at the bottom to keep it in place but I have read mixed reviews about it. My vision is very sharp but my eye DR said if I want perfect clarity i would need to wear glasses to correct the slight astigmatism I still have.
Strange. I have/had a moderate to severe astigmatism and they fixed it fine. They gave me a choice between near or far vision and jumped all over the far as been badly nearsighted for 65 years!!!. Cheapy dollar store (now Dollar and a quarter store) reading glasses do the trick for under 12". FWIW Had mine done by the DR who reportedly had patent on corneal replacement surgery and is pretty much world famous. Guess i lucked out.

What I have found is that everyone comes out a bit differently, most come out very good, I know of several people that had to have extensive laser work to get rid of the haze that formed over their lens.

I have a friend that has the same lens as I did who can read close up, see his flintlock sights with clarity and has perfect long-distance vision.

I had my right eye done today and it is so much better now and yhe Doctor said it will be even better in a few days I cant weight to do the left eye

Back