• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

I Bought this 1851 Navy

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Very unlike me. I really don't care for the finish but I don't have a Colt. I believe this is from 1974.
My question to the collective is: how much is it worth or what would you all have paid for it?
This is from the ad. If you saw the ad and know what it was selling for please don't tell! TY in advance. BB

Attachments

• IMG_1100 (1).jpg
    IMG_1100 (1).jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1099 (1).jpg
    IMG_1099 (1).jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1098 (1).jpg
    IMG_1098 (1).jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1103.jpg
    IMG_1103.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1101 (1).jpg
    IMG_1101 (1).jpg
    48 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Is that the one that was for sale on Track of the Wolf a couple of weeks ago? I thought about buying it to refinish & make into an "Avenging Angel" belly gun, but the square back trigger guard made it pretty easy to talk myself out of it.

I'd probably just oooo steel wool it to get the corrosion off. It's old, it should look old. What does it say on the bottom of the grip frame?

Also the bore looks great and the nipples came out easily. Feels like it might be a sweet shooter.
Since it is the condition it is I am probably going to send it out for the cap rake, coil springs, etc.
If it was in better shape I would leave it alone.
Thanks all for looking! BB
Cleaning that safety slot and a cap rake along with Slixshot nipples almost make a cap jam surprising. I have an 1861 .44 army so equipped and after about 900 rounds I have not had a cap jam.

Back