• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

I am having one heck of a time finding ....

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Based on your last few posts I would say the answer to your problem is simple.

Give up the idea of building a gun of any kind while you live in the state of NJ.

The Gun Builder's Bench is here for people to talk about building or repairing muzzleloading and cap & ball guns.
It is not here to post about political things or social injustices. Those things can be talked about in the "Premium" areas of the forum, not here.

The P-R excise tax applies to all kinds of "outdoor sporting equipment", not just firearms. If fishing rods & reels are P-R taxed, I would bet muzzleloaders are as well. The lack of a touch hole may be to avoid some other tax or import fee, however, as P-R tax is hidden in the retail sale price. It's 11%, BTW. Heaven knows there are plenty of taxes out there.
If there is no touch hole on a flintlock it cant shoot, therefore if it can't be shot it isn't a firearm. Check out shipping options at Loyalist Arms.

Have you talked to the folks at Dixon’s? They are not that far from the state line and I’ve heard they have a lot of NJ customers. Maybe they could help, or at least let you know who could help you.

Based on your last few posts I would say the answer to your problem is simple.

Give up the idea of building a gun of any kind while you live in the state of NJ.

The Gun Builder's Bench is here for people to talk about building or repairing muzzleloading and cap & ball guns.
It is not here to post about political things or social injustices. Those things can be talked about in the "Premium" areas of the forum, not here.
I understand and I have backed out of my original post. Feel free to shut down this thread.
SM

Something not right here. You CAN get a muzzle loader kit shipped to your state. I talked to 3 different kit suppliers today. Every single one ships to NJ. Whats the problem?

So when is a firearm actually a firearm (assuming the definition that a ML'er IS a firearm)? When all it needs to function is an actual load and it COULD function as one? When it looks like one? If you pointed it at someone and they could mistake it for a functioning one? I doubt that not having a touch hole would be enough to get you off on an "armed robbery" charge.

This is a bit off topic, but I ordered an AR-15 receiver (where the SN'd part is considered the gun) and picked it up from an FFL. It was just in a bag and I asked him about not having a "case" for it. He said not to worry about it, because the part itself was not functional as a firearm nor would be recognized as one by itself.

Back