• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

I am having one heck of a time finding ....

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
a kit for a flintlock & such. Anything on this order has to come through an FFL Dealer and none of them deal with distributors that stock them. Gone are the days of door to door delivery. You free States out there are lucky.....

Sm

This should not be a show stopper. You will need a FFL who is willing to accept the firearm, muzzle loader or kit or any other NJ restricted item. With that, you can purchase any NJ legal item. You place the order and pay with credit card and provide that dealer's name and address. The seller may want a copy of the FFL. My dealer gave me a copy that I can send out as needed. I also have my own C&R. And I do have a very good relationship with one dealer. The relationship is key. It is a pain to do this for a ML kit, but; there will be guns that cannot ship to non FFL in all states. That is the key.

Many clubs have an FFL. Mine does not, but; my friends does. That is another way. One way or another to fully enjoy this hobby you need an FFL working with you. And yes, many dont want to help or want big money. Then, this is a two way street. There are all kinds of dealers as there are all kinds of customers. It can take time. The club option maybe the quick route.

Last edited:
This should not be a show stopper. You will need a FFL who is willing to accept the firearm, muzzle loader or kit or any other NJ restricted item. With that, you can purchase any NJ legal item. You place the order and pay with credit card and provide that dealer's name and address. The seller may want a copy of the FFL. My dealer gave me a copy that I can send out as needed. I also have my own C&R. And I do have a very good relationship with one dealer. The relationship is key. It is a pain to do this for a ML kit, but; there will be guns that cannot ship to non FFL in all states. That is the key.

Many clubs have an FFL. Mine does not, but; my friends does. That is another way. One way or another to fully enjoy this hobby you need an FFL working with you. And yes, many dont want to help or want big money. Then, this is a two way street. There are all kinds of dealers as there are all kinds of customers. It can take time. The club option maybe the quick route.
Fourbore thanks I get all that. I think that most that I have tried will see what they can do. But honestly does it really take a week to get back to me to see if your distributor can accomplish such a thing? Or not get back to me at all?
It seems that one or two might not want to be even bothered by such a request....after all how much can they make on such a transaction?
I have working stuff that gets me through the Hunting Season. I think I might try plan B and put it off until after I am out of this State....hopefully next year......
Best
Sm

South Jersey here. I deal with Track of the Wolf and I have never had a problem getting any muzzleloading parts, up to and including kit form rifles. Working on a new rifle now, just waiting for some back ordered parts. I ain't afraid of no ghost!
Its not Ghosts that im afraid of......its the Draconian ever ensnaring NJ gun laws that make you a criminal with just one simple oversight....

SM

Folks. Please don't turn this thread into a political discussion. If it gets any more political statements I will close it.

I’ve had my rifles for a while now. Only hard thing to get around Jersey is powder. But Lake Wallenpaupack sport shop in PA is only 45 min from me. And a nice ride on the motorcycle

Here it comes........New Jersey
Exit 91 (and formerly exit 117) GSPW!
Living in Maryland now!
GSPLocalSBbfExit117~2.jpg

I live in this $&@?hole state and Jim Kibler shipped directly to me. I used to live in Sussex County, now in Morris.

I still dont understand your problem. Go to a local FFL and tell him you want to order a kit directly and have it shipped to him. You pay him a small fee to take the shipment. Why is that a problem. The FFL holder does nothing other than have a package delivered to him. He doesnt order it, inventory it, nor is he responsible for it. He just gets his fee and you pick up the kit/gun.

I still dont understand your problem. Go to a local FFL and tell him you want to order a kit directly and have it shipped to him. You pay him a small fee to take the shipment. Why is that a problem. The FFL holder does nothing other than have a package delivered to him. He doesnt order it, inventory it, nor is he responsible for it. He just gets his fee and you pick up the kit/gun.
Rich, first of all thank you for posting your response. I do not think you quite understand things as such in my home State. It not easy. I can never order a kit first of all. Minus a serial number on the Barrel. Its considered phantom as according to my AG. s States guidelines. They have prohibited any items that come in to assemble a working firearm primitive included .And they are regulated against the law. I have to prove origin against anything I may purchase. Years ago when I checked with State Police there was no issues. There is now.....if I ordered parts to complete something that WOULD be workable I would be in violation of Statutes....thank you NJ Dems

The other problem is that many Sports Shops do not want to deal with "special requests" as their suppliers do not deal with what I want. If they do not use them as a supplier its a no go. All items purchased must have a serialized number on the the breech or action in NJ.
I reiterate be glad on where you are at. Charcoal burners. I hope this clararifies the restrictions we must go through...
SM

Back