• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

I absolutely cannot wait!....

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just got in two pounds of bismuth shot today! One pound is #BB and the other is #2 shot. This is exciting to me because 6 years ago I built an English fowling piece, and at that time you couldn’t find bismuth almost at all. I live in western Wyoming and besides hunting round ball for big game and being able to hunt sage grouse, blue grouse and ruffed grouse, there’s not alot to hunt on my side of the state with it. Hunted turkeys with it in the eastern part of the state twice but wasn’t successful. When I built it I wanted to hunt ducks and geese with it as I only live five minutes from the famous Green River of fur trade era fame. Built it. No bismuth. Life got in the way after that. My wife and I split up. She moved to town. I started building an off the grid tiny home. I lost passion for everything for a year. Didn’t shoot much. Drank too much. Just kinda stared at the wall like a moron. Then one day got over it kinda. Looked at my muzzleloaders again. Realized that they were looking at me like a dog that wants to go play but is patient. Long story short (ish!)😂, that was at this point about five years ago, and I found that they center me, calm me, make the world slow down again, same as they have since I got my first one at the age of 8. It doesn’t take long for the fire to rekindle. Anyway, I hadn’t thought of duck or goose hunting with it at all in that time frame until recently. DIDN’T EVEN CROSS MY MIND! For years, until two weeks ago. Did a search, and there it was! In stock, and I could buy 1 pound samples. So they came today, and am going duck hunting this weekend. I don’t know about anyone else, but I mix my shot. Always have for other critters or if I reload shotshells. My way of thinking that has always worked is if you mix bigger and a bit smaller shot it covers two bases between geese and the large ducks we have here. Sorry about the novel, I am just excited!! Happy hunting! 9FEC06BE-B530-41C4-A38A-7F5053F504E2.jpeg

Attachments

• DA7F72F3-2F6F-4445-B393-863D93EF00A1.jpeg
    DA7F72F3-2F6F-4445-B393-863D93EF00A1.jpeg
    200.8 KB · Views: 30
  • 3AA3C812-D03C-47FF-AC10-0591A1FDDEE5.jpeg
    3AA3C812-D03C-47FF-AC10-0591A1FDDEE5.jpeg
    185.2 KB · Views: 38
My friend I make bismuth shot. Have over 40 pounds of 4's, 70 pounds of 7's, 10 pounds of 2's, you starting to get the picture. I make it for less than half what you pay Roto Metals or anyone else for that matter. I will gladly send you some so you can get back into your muzzleloaders! You pay shipping that is all. We should all help each other out when life gets us down. That is what the Muzzleloading Community is all about. Peace Brother.
Rob

Thanks for the post. I appreciate your enthusiasm and am glad you got passed your situation. Life is full of nutt-kicks so it is great to see a brother get back in the game. Happy hunting and be sure to let us know how your hunting goes. Welcome back to the club...

Is Wyoming a lead free state? I live in a lead free state, it’s good for making honest men outlaws

Latest posts

Back