• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

I’ve got one...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Juerg

32 Cal.
Reaction score
0312_gewehr_tisch.jpg

I received it a few days before.
smile.gif

If you can give me a few tips for shooting the first balls.
Please take a look on follwing homepage...
muzzleloading.8m.com/
grin.gif

Happy new year
Juerg

Hey Juerg....

Congratulations!!!!! Nice looking Tryon! First of all what caliber is it? If a .50 start with a .490 ball and if a .54 start with a .530 ball. Patching should be around .015 and for lube for me it's always Bore Butter or one of the other brands that are the same thing, unless shooting a match. Then I spit patch.

Vic

Congratulations Juerg!
I know it took some time but you are now ready to go have some real fun.

From your discriptions of loading and shooting it sounds like you have a good understanding of what is required. My only other suggestion is after you have shot 5 or 6 times, when the range is clear to go down-range go collect the fired patches which will be on the ground about 3-5 meters downrange.

They should not have cuts from the rifleing in them.
They should look very dirty but should not have areas which are burned thru.

If they look alright, put up a new target and have more fun!

Back