• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

I’m still alive

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
From Cody Wyoming, now lives in Oakwood Illinois
Just wanted to let everyone know that I’m still here.

Wife has been battling her 3rd bout with cancer. Everything else has been put on the back burner. Been extremely hard to physically and emotionally deal with what we’ve been going through.

I have been surfing through the forum from time to time to try to keep my mind off things.

Anyway, I put this post under General Muzzleloading so that I could reach both paying and non paying members whom I consider friends. Never met someone on this forum that I wouldn’t consider my friend.

To make this topic legal I’ll only ask? What does traditional muzzleloading mean to you??

God Bless my friends.

Respectfully, Cowboy

Wife has been battling her 3rd bout with cancer. Everything else has been put on the back burner. Been extremely hard to physically and emotionally deal with what we’ve been going through.

I have been surfing through the forum from time to time to try to keep my mind off things.

Anyway, I put this post under General Muzzleloading so that I could reach both paying and non paying members whom I consider friends. Never met someone on this forum that I wouldn’t consider my friend.

To make this topic legal I’ll only ask? What does traditional muzzleloading mean to you??

God Bless my friends.

Respectfully, Cowboy
Having lost my wife to cancer this last August my heart aches for you my friend and are offering up prayers that your wife beats this cancer. If you need to talk I might be able to help, at least I can be a set of ears to listen. Just let me know.

I’ve met the most genuine, honest and real people through traditional muzzleloading. At one time in my life, I shot in modern matches where people often seemed to be plastic, critical and did not offer much help because they were competing against you. I felt like it was worse than junior high school. The blackpowder crowd is totally opposite. They are quick to welcome you, always willing to share advice and secrets, and real enough to let you see the glimpses of their soul to include the struggles. Thank you for sharing; my thoughts and prayers are with you and your wife.

God Bless my friends.

Respectfully, Cowboy
Just want you to know that many others are here for You...

God Bless my friends.

Respectfully, Cowboy
Another category folks withe common bonds...

Best wishes to you an yours. I’ll say a prayer. I’ll also take a stab at what this traditional muzzle loading means.
for me its a return to the beginning. I started shooting at 8. Competition by 9 small bore rifle. That progressed to hunting. I went on to the Presidents 100 Camp Perry, international comps. US Teams. College then military then more well lets just say i turned shooting into a job. Work plus IDPA and USPSA. instructer military leo civilian for over 30 years. ThenI found an old muzzleloader in Dads basment and it was like being 8 again. I have fallen in live with shooting again. Just for the sake of shooting. Sight picture trigger squeeze follow through or lol.BRASS. Breathe relax aim stop squeeze. Im starting over again after 40+ years or trigger pulling.

God Bless my friends.

Respectfully, Cowboy
Best wishes and prayers for both you and your wife. My better half is battling A.L.L (leukemia), and just moved her back home after her bone marrow transplant 3 months ago. May God bless and look after you and your wife.

There are 2 sets of prayers headed your way. My wife and myself got over the covid last month but we made it. I probably came pretty close loosing her and just the thought hurts. Muzzleloading is "real" to me just as having a sick wife is steeped in reality.

I’m sorry for your situation, cancer is a shadow some of us must deal with in life. Dad died of pancreatic cancer, I’m at risk too. But I try to eat healthy and don’t fret about it. I have had muzzleloading folks , who did not know me from Adam, send me tools, books and complete GUNS to try out to see if I liked them. With absolute trust that I would send the things back. Which I did. I try to return the favor when I can. You just don’t see that level of trust in today’s society. Anyway, I hope things get better for your wife and you.

Yes indeed. God bless you and yours.
Life can be a real chore sometimes, a battle even.
Phillipans 4:6&7.

Muzzleloading....a break from this wretched modern world and its 'everything now mantra'!

Best wishes.
IMG_20201107_115938_932.jpg

Cowboy, so sorry to hear of the trials you and your wife have had and are facing again. My best wishes that everything works out and she is able to beat it.

Muzzleloading is immersing myself in a period of history I love to learn about. As a hunter it fits my traditional approach perfectly.

God bless.

Mike

God Bless my friends.

Respectfully, Cowboy
What does muzzloading mean to me? It puts me in touch with a simpler time where people were harder on the outside but their hearts were much bigger and softer. When people took care of each other when they needed help. A good deed, a kind words. Things people laugh at today. My dad grew up in a Catholic boys home with his brother. He served in WW2 in the islands, came home and fathered seven children. Went to work every day and gave us a good home to grow up in. He loved my mother her whole life up to and including her last breath. My mom passed away from Mesothelioma. I feel for you brother. I wish you both well. Stay strong, be that guy.
That's what traditional muzzle loading means to me. Just to keep the topic legal of course.
Neil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back