• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

I’m still alive

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sir, to me this is part of the muzzleloader community. The sharing and compassion of the others that enjoy the sport flows over into the other issues of life. I retired early to take care of mother in her last years. Learning to be a care giver changes your life, I believe for the better. After mother passed a friend that help me was taking care of her mother and working full-time. She was trying to get in her full 30 years for full retirement. Our mothers had been friends so I helped her. The last year of her mother's life my friend got sick. They found a tumor in her lung the size of a grapefruit. Told her if her lung collapsed where tumor was located would kill her within minutes. Her sister moved in with her mother and I became her caregiver. 33 radiation treatments, 46 immuno IV treatments, 6 chemotherapy, 3 esophagus stretches, etc the cancer is dead. We learned to pray, a lot. Totally believe prayers made the difference between life and death. The treatments almost killed her several times, the doctors did not give any false hopes. Were up front that they did not promise anything. "But God", today she has gained her weight back. Her hair came back thicker than before. Several things like arthritis she had suffered with for years is also gone. She is healthy and enjoying life. Loves to play on my zero turn mower like a kid on an ATV. We are in our 70's, life is good, God is good. There is hope, don't give up, dont be ashamed to cry or pray. Tell her you love her often, rub her feet, hands and anywhere she is sore. Let God love her through you. Our memories are the only things we can take with us when we leave this world. Focus on the good ones in rough times, help her focus on the good ones. You and her are in our prayers, Bless You Both

i am sorry to hear of your troubles.

it is, for however brief a time allotted, a space where we connect with (or at least acknowledge) a time when it was easier to understand our place in the world

Appreciate everyone’s words of encouragement my friend’s.

We might get knocked down 3 times but we’ll get back up 4!

We’ve been down this road before. She’s presently strong and doing what she’s supposed to do. I try to keep everything else going.

Appreciate everyone’s prayers and thoughts.

God Bless!

Respectfully, Cowboy

I'm deeply sorry for your troubles, Cowboy. We've got two family members in their 3rd round of chemo and radiation now, so the stress and strain are familiar adversaries. Prayer helps, and you folks will be included in ours. You asked also for forum members to talk about what muzzle-loading means to us. Here goes:
Many years ago I was a serious competition shooter (modern) and after the Army I competed in various law enforcement venues.
A friend got me to try muzzleloading and I was hooked. I finished the season of competition and retired from modern competition and dug up the 1863 Springfield I had traded for when I was 15 and an old, worn 1858 Remington Army. Black powder was $1 a can then at the hardware store. It's been a while, y'see, but I was hooked fast. I got into buckskinning and dug deeper into the history part of our activity.
. Muzzleloaders and buckskinners are my extended second family. In this world of instant gratification and electronic whizz-bang commo, they are a stable anchor. They're real people.
There floats my stick.

Tanglefoot

Just wanted to let everyone know that I’m still here.

Wife has been battling her 3rd bout with cancer. Everything else has been put on the back burner. Been extremely hard to physically and emotionally deal with what we’ve been going through.

I have been surfing through the forum from time to time to try to keep my mind off things.

Anyway, I put this post under General Muzzleloading so that I could reach both paying and non paying members whom I consider friends. Never met someone on this forum that I wouldn’t consider my friend.

To make this topic legal I’ll only ask? What does traditional muzzleloading mean to you??

God Bless my friends.

Respectfully, Cowboy
My prayers and best wishes to you and your wife. Hang on in there. Simon

I reckon that Psalm 121 applies here. I used to have a tiny copy printed out and hidden inside the liner of my helmet.

In addition, it is in the mezuzah at our doorway.

We're all in this together with you Cowboy, no matter how far away we are on the planet, we are all here on the same page right now.

My sympathy, thoughts, & prayer to you and your wife, Cowboy.
I've lost several dear friends to cancer, but I doubt anyone who's not faced it as close as you have can really appreciate. Strength to both of you.

For me, muzzleloading is a challenge, an outlet for my perfectionism and love of the archaic, and an alternative to the pressure, chaos and hostility of contemporaryloife for a while.

Muzzleloading is back to basics form and follow thru. It helps me forget all but the focus of the target and breathing. I shoot traditional archery for the same reason simplicity.
I have lost family and friends to cancer. Cowboy my prayers are with you and your wife. Call on God's healing power. I can listen if you need an ear.

Just wanted to let everyone know that I’m still here.

Wife has been battling her 3rd bout with cancer. Everything else has been put on the back burner. Been extremely hard to physically and emotionally deal with what we’ve been going through.

I have been surfing through the forum from time to time to try to keep my mind off things.

Anyway, I put this post under General Muzzleloading so that I could reach both paying and non paying members whom I consider friends. Never met someone on this forum that I wouldn’t consider my friend.

To make this topic legal I’ll only ask? What does traditional muzzleloading mean to you??

God Bless my friends.

Respectfully, Cowboy

So many here have expressed their support more eloquently Than I can. May God bless you both with his strength and grace. BJH

Cowboy,
I’m so sorry to hear this. My prayers are already sent for you both. I’m looking forward to going hunting with the .50 I bought from you as soon as my wife and I get over this covid we caught. We’re both better but it’s hanging on still after about ten days now. May the Lord bless and keep both of you in his hands!
Your friend,
Followed by Buzzards

Like the thread about surgries, I'm going to close this one.

This is the General Muzzleloading section of the forum and this thread doesn't have much to do with that subject.

If you want to post a thread like this one, please do it in the Non Muzzleloading section of the forum in the Premium Member section.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back