• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

I’m Getting Back Into It Gang

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Gang,

Hello! :)

I haven’t been so active here as of late but I am getting back into the muzzleloading hobby.

As some here may be tracking, and this subject is a touchy one on this board, so I won’t elaborate much, but there has been an extreme upset in the unmentionable ammo supply recently and it is going to make feeding the modern unmentionables unmentionably unmentionable for an unmentionable amount of unmentionables.

In other words, muzzleloading is about the only shooting sport I am going to be able to afford for potentially a very very long time. The other sides of the shooting sports are rapidly becoming a rich man’s endeavor.

This is just as well, as I’ve got a Hawken build on commission that should be ready soon as well as a Fusil de Chasse also being built, and in some time a Schimmel barn rifle from a famous maker. I’ll also have my trusty cap and ball revolvers around for sure.

So yeah, thanks for having me back gang!:horseback:

-Smokey

Gang,

Hello! :)

I haven’t been so active here as of late but I am getting back into the muzzleloading hobby.

As some here may be tracking, and this subject is a touchy one on this board, so I won’t elaborate much, but there has been an extreme upset in the unmentionable ammo supply recently and it is going to make feeding the modern unmentionables unmentionably unmentionable for an unmentionable amount of unmentionables.

In other words, muzzleloading is about the only shooting sport I am going to be able to afford for potentially a very very long time. The other sides of the shooting sports are rapidly becoming a rich man’s endeavor.

This is just as well, as I’ve got a Hawken build on commission that should be ready soon as well as a Fusil de Chasse also being built, and in some time a Schimmel barn rifle from a famous maker. I’ll also have my trusty cap and ball revolvers around for sure.

So yeah, thanks for having me back gang!:horseback:

-Smokey
Glad to see you're back.
I don't know where you live but unmentionable ammo here is making a huge comeback, store shelves are mostly full again and prices are falling back to pre-toilet paper apocalypse days.

Glad to see you're back.
I don't know where you live but unmentionable ammo here is making a huge comeback, store shelves are mostly full again and prices are falling back to pre-toilet paper apocalypse days.

Thank you sir! Ehhh... it was lol but if you check the news, yeah there’s been some goings on that we can’t really discuss here but it’s going to cause a massive shakeup on unmentionable ammo supplies again.

Shooting unmentionables will only be unmentionable to those who didn't have the foresight to see the writing on the wall and stock up well in advance.

I wouldn't be too confident in muzzle loading supplies remaining in large supply either. Powder, caps, and probably even lead for ammunition, can and has gotten hard to come by recently.

Now will we get hit as hard as the unmentionable crowd, probably not, but make no mistake, we will get hit. It will happen. 3fg has already been nonexistant in my local shop for months. Again, see the writing on the wall before it gets erased.

Thank you sir! Ehhh... it was lol but if you check the news, yeah there’s been some goings on that we can’t really discuss here but it’s going to cause a massive shakeup on unmentionable ammo supplies again.
If you're referring to the block on Russian ammo you be pleased to hear that much of that supply actually comes from old Soviet bloc countries which are not affected.

This is very very true Kje54 and I have the above unmentionables also ,so I belive we will be ok.

That Russia thing is a non issue. All they will do, hell, I'd do it if I owned a company, is move their operation to a non sanctioned country and it'll be business as usual.

It's unmentionably sad to have a good member depart, regardless if there's an occasional mention of unmentionables. I should mention, however, that it's an unmentionably happy event to have that individual return!

ALL the stores in my area still have "bare cupboards" in shooting supplies. While BP stuff was the last to disappear, it's the first to show miniscule signs of recovery, albeit short-lived, as you so tactfully referenced. If unmentionable conditions materialise, there indeed could be a return to (or continuation of) many looking to muzzloaders as a return to state-of-the-art.

Last edited:
It’s a domino affect we being Black Powder shooters do not have sanctuary to the ugliness of this world and the things they want to deny us of. Life is hard……..

Back