• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Husqvarna Gun

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mika.G

36 Cal.
Reaction score
My Husqvarna pistol from 1840 was probably formerly owned by an officer or some other high-ranking member of the military. caliber .58

Attachments

• IMG_20210916_151312.jpg
    IMG_20210916_151312.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_20210916_161725.jpg
    IMG_20210916_161725.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 199
Your beautiful pistol looks as though it was made to take a stock, making it into a short carbine. Do you have the missing part? I recall that you first showed us this pistol back in 2017... Husqvarna pistol

Last edited:
Your beautiful pistol looks as though it was made to take a stock, making it into a short carbine. Do you have the missing part? I recall that you first showed us this pistol back in 2017... Husqvarna pistol

No I do not have the missing piece. yes I have shown it before.

Ikon för Verifierad av gruppen

Must have been back in the day when Husky made nice Dirt Motorcycles. Now their Lawn Mowers, Snowblowers a, chainsaws are all pieces of manure. Would someone please start an AMERICAN Motor Company that has German Engineering with High Quality unbreakable parts at reasonable Prices. a Truck like thing with straight 6 diesel and manual 8 speed trans, 4 wheel drive might be nice to start. with a snowplow on it of course.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was not aware of Husqvarna firearms. Still running my 266 SE saw I bought new in 1982. One of the best pieces of machinery I have ever owned. I would think that their pistol was of the same quality. Can't speak of modern mfg.
Dave

Yes it is in very good condition, I have shot many times with it, works very well.

Thats a beauty Mika & looks to be in great condition !!
Is it rifled & have you fired it yet ?
Relic Shooter
Always a pleasure to communicate with those who also enjoy collecting & shooting original historical firearms that have been inspected & remain safe to fire.. I became an avid history buff at an early age started collecting & shooting originals & anything that would go bang over 60 years ago in the backwoods of New Mexico.
This was well before the Left's 68 Gun Control Act was passed. This was a time when firearms were bought in hardware stores just like any other tool and a time before Guns were being accused of committing crimes : )
When I was about 12 & was fortunate to have a gunsmith who lived a block away & was willing to carefully inspect my latest finds & was kind enough to share his skills with me, likely because I sometimes drug in a rapid-shooter that I had acquired from a WW-2 veteran. These rapid-shooting M.G made fun snake & jack rabbit getters as surplus 9mm & .45 auto ammo was abundant & cheap at military surplus stores in those days.
The black powder bug bit me hard & became my primary lifelong interest & sport after acquiring my first nice 1858 Remington revolver from a whiskey barrel in an Army Surplus store in El Paso Texas.
I'll be sharing photos of some of my original shooters & targets on the forum soon as we get re-settled from our downsizing into a much smaller home.
It's a real shame that we human critters don't age as well as well as our vintage firearms, I've got 175 +year old firearms that have survived in 1000% better condition than my 79 year old carcass..
:ghostly:

That is COOL! 👍 I didn’t know they made BP Guns? I used to have a Husqvarna CF Rifle, it isn’t a name you hear often in Firearms

Husqvarna company started as a huge rifle factory about 1670, IIR.

Spence

This interests me, i will have to do some digging & reading. Until this, i hadn’t heard the name Husqvarna in years when talking Firearms. The CF i had years ago was a very well Built, High Quality Rifle

In 1689 the manager at the nearby state arsenal in Jönköping, Erik Dahlbergh, suggested to the King that the crown should support the construction of a new milling work at the waterfalls just outside Huskvarna. The new factory should act as a branch of the Jönköping arsenal, where the water supply had become irregular. The plans were approved and put into work the same year. Thanks to the Husqvarna branch, the annual production of barrels for muskets from the Jönköping arsenal increased from about 1,500 to over 12,000.

Eventually all production was moved to Huskvarna and in 1757 the arsenal was privatized under the ownership of Fredrik Ehrenpreus. In 1867 the company became a limited company under the name Husqvarna Vapenfabriks Aktiebolag.

When military orders dropped after the Danish-Prussian War of 1864 and the Franco-Prussian War of 1870-71, Husqvarna begun making shotguns and hunting rifles. They also started manufacturing stoves, sewing machines and bicycles. In 1903 Husqvarna made their first motorcycle. Husqvarna continued firearms production, though mostly civilian firearms except during the two world wars and some shorter periods of military production.

In the late 1960s it was decided that Husqvarna should stop making break-action firearms and sell both the rifle production and military contracts to Carl Gustafs Stads Gevärsfaktori in Eskilstuna.

When I was young in the 1960s Husqvarna rifles were nearly as common as Winchesters and Remingtons in the local gun stores. Now, you virtually never see one. Guess those who have them are keeping them.

Back