• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Hunting Stable complete

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My pursuit of a complete, any big game, hunting stable of ML percussion guns is complete. Guns are tools to me. My goal was to have a tool for each job. My only addition will be a Renegade barrel Hoyt rebore to 54 cal 1:38 twist 24" when Mr Hoyt starts taking jobs again. No new stock, it will just swap back and forth with the 21". Why, you may ask? Because I have been left unsupervised and I do what I want.

From left to right:

58 cal 1:38 twist 24" Hoyt rebarrel in a WMC stock Maxi ball 580 gr conical
54 cal 1:38 twist 26" CVA Mountain Stalker in a Frontier Hunter laminate CVA Deerslayer 425gr conical
54 cal 1:48 twist 24" CVA Frontier Hunter CVA deerslay 375 grain conical
54 cal 1:38 twist 21" Hoyt rebarrel in a WMC stock No Excuses 485 gr conical
50 cal 1:32 twist 21" Ardesa Hornady Great Plains HP-HB 385 gr conical
50 cal 1:32 twist 24" Traditions Pioneer in a CVA Frontier Stock Hornady Great Plains HP-HB 385 gr conical

stable.jpg

Last edited:
You really do have a complete rifle stable now. You can handle those carniverous squirrels and hares on up to Mr. Griz. And they all look very nice too.
Stay away from this dude.
1028290371d212bfdee5d4bcef076a23.jpg

Your .50 will take care of this guy.
Snowshoehoriblis.jpg
Need the holy hand grenade for the second one!

Bobby Hoyt did a lot of work for me over the past 10 years. I've had relined bores and even had a .58 flintlock barrel made from scratch by him. He does good work but you have to wait.

Like I said in another thread if asked if I carry a 44 mag handgun while hunting. I would carry a tank if I could
Me too. I carry a Taurus lite .44 mag with a 4" barrel in a cross draw holster. Its an accurate and handy revolver but kicks like a mule with full house 44 loads. I shoot a hard cast lead bullet at slightly above 44 spl loads which is easier to control yet still packs a punch at the business end.

My pursuit of a complete, any big game, hunting stable of ML percussion guns is complete. Guns are tools to me. My goal was to have a tool for each job. My only addition will be a Renegade barrel Hoyt rebore to 54 cal 1:38 twist 24" when Mr Hoyt starts taking jobs again. No new stock, it will just swap back and forth with the 21". Why, you may ask? Because I have been left unsupervised and I do what I want.

From left to right:

58 cal 1:38 twist 24" Hoyt rebarrel in a WMC stock Maxi ball 580 gr conical
54 cal 1:38 twist 26" CVA Mountain Stalker in a Frontier Hunter laminate CVA Deerslayer 425gr conical
54 cal 1:48 twist 24" CVA Frontier Hunter CVA deerslay 375 grain conical
54 cal 1:38 twist 21" Hoyt rebarrel in a WMC stock No Excuses 485 gr conical
50 cal 1:32 twist 24" Traditions Pioneer in a CVA Frontier Stock Hornady Great Plains HP-HB 385 gr conical

View attachment 193553

Good for you and good luck...

BUYING  No More Muzzleloaders.jpg

Because it never truly "ends"; it's never "complete" ....

LD

You are correct. I have already added one more and have another in the works. Little suckers seem to breed when you put them together.
You have to be careful how you put them away. I put my 12 ga 870 and my 12 ga Franchi O/U too close to each other one time and the next time I opened up the safe there was the cutest little 20 ga SxS right between them!

Back in the very early 70s I bought a flintlock, then another as a "back up". Then I bought a caplock, then another, and another. Then the darn inline craze started so I thought I'd give them a shot even though I like my sidelocks. Hmmm, not to bad but still hunted with my sidelocks. Sold the old Knight inline then bought a CVA Accura V2. Then started on the Encore kick and got a .45 and .50 in those. Of course I had to have a Knight Disc Extreme, then a Mountaineer. Oh wow I snatched up a 700ML for real cheap and got the Badger Ridge conversion installed. Then found another! I keep saying to myself "that's it, I'm done" (HA....I'm only kidding myself. I'll only stop when I'm dead.)

Little devils!

Mine are breeding as we speak. A new one is about to be born and the other just got stuck in the "hoyt" in vitro fertilization lab.

Last edited:
Back