• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hunting in Texas

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barnettshale

36 Cal.
Reaction score
As a life long resident of Texas except for my military service (68-76) I have only hunted with muzzle loaders in Texas. One javelina back in the early 80's, an Axis spike in the 90's and a couple of pigs in the last 10 years. I have a 12 gauge double I have hunted turkey with as well my son 12 at the time killed three pigs and a couple of quail with it. Also have hunted quail and doves with it. The rifle accounting for all the critters is a Lyman Plains Rifle 54, typically loaded with a .530 PRB and 90 or 100 grains of 3F. The axis spike I was going to break his neck and knocked him down. Stunned him then went up and finished him off with a Remington 1858 44 As you can see from this one there is plenty of pig around. .
1650232251520.jpeg
1650232365559.jpeg

For many men, hunting is a kind of recreation, not just the goal of shooting a game as a trophy. For me, it is exactly that.

For many men, hunting is a kind of recreation, not just the goal of shooting a game as a trophy. For me, it is exactly that. I enjoy the process and buying new hunting accessories at Bass Pro Shop Deals. I like having quality equipment, even though my dad doesn't think it's important for a hunter. In his opinion, all that matters is hunting knowledge and skills, which I don't have since I'm a beginner.
After all, it should not be forgotten that hunting for beginners is not an easy process. It is better if it takes place in the company of more experienced hunters.

Back