• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hunting in East Tennessee

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have been an avid shooter for most of my life, and have finally decided that I would like to try my hand at deer hunting this year with my .62 jaeger I recently acquired. I have already finished my Hunter Education, but I have not actually hunted before outside of shooting starlings with a pellet rifle. Are there resources or organizations to help new hunters in East Tennessee? I understand that there is a lot of work that goes into it, and want to make sure I'm not trying to wade through this myself for my first time.

1) Find out if you have any co-workers who hunt
2) Find out if you have any neighbors who hunt
3) Friend of a friend who hunts
4) Etc.
5) Repeat

Your best bet is to try to hook up with someone you know who already deer hunts. Ask around. Odds are, somebody you already know is a deer funter. Hopefully someone who enjoys hunting with a muzzleloader. If not, by all means hunt with someone who hunts with a modern rifle.

I’ll second what nameless hunter said. Also the Tennessee hunting guide has all the rules, seasons, safety requirements and general information you’ll need. This can be obtained on line or printed copies are available where licenses are sold.
A lot of deer hunters in East Tennessee use modern muzzleloaders (we can’t discuss those on here) but those guys should still be able to help.

Thanks for the advice. I am aware of the rules and regulations and how to find them, and should have clarified that I meant the hunting aspect itself such as stalking, tracking, or just finding the right spot to hangout, and then field dressing the deer. I feel fairly comfortable with muzzleloaders by this point and am not too worried about the actual shooting and shot placement aspect.

If you live in East Tennessee, it shouldn’t be hard to find someone who can help you out. In most counties there’s a deer hunter in almost every other house.

Back