• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Hunting in California the snti-lead state.o

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My original response to your post was deleted for being being insulting and 'almost political.' But apparently, it's ok for you to follow me around insulting and harassing me...
Not ok as mine were deleted also.
I do not feel I insulted you, but in response to your ideas.
I have responded to your post but have no reason to follow you, and given counterpoints to your points can not be considered harassment.

I don't know but I suspect that those are for detecting lead in drinking water. Detecting lead in an animal carcass would be something entirely different.
McMaster-Carr sells swab kits that will detect the presence of 2 micrograms (.000002 of a gram) of lead. I'm guessing that's sensitive enough to determine whether an entry or exit wound was made by a lead projectile...

"France, Spain. Mexico, the Republic of Texas, and the Confederate States of America all claimed Texas until they discovered the place came with Texans." Robert Park
As a displaced Texican, I must say, they all had their chance. But the United States knew a winner when they saw it, and the only mistake they made was not annexing all of Mexico when they kicked Santa Anna's behind.

McMaster-Carr sells swab kits that will detect the presence of 2 micrograms (.000002 of a gram) of lead. I'm guessing that's sensitive enough to determine whether an entry or exit wound was made by a lead projectile...
That would be an interesting experiment to conduct. Almost worth packing a test kit in my possibles bag. Too bad the chances of my doing any more deer hunting are slim. Maybe someone can run with the idea and report back to us.

With the Millions or Billions of Houses that have been built over the past few Hunderd years all being painted with Lead Paint and every kid I grew up with we all played in the dirt next to the houses and ate the veggies, tomatos etc. that were grown there. all the Toxic Chemicals poured into the rivers, streams by Textile Mills, Tannerys and Arsenic and the crop dusting with DDT to keep the bugs down, being sprayed with Cloridane and Agent Orange ( Specracide) Weed killer that were used everywhere. I ated when the Crop dusters flew down the dirt roads with open ditches for sewers and you had no place to hide. what differance does it make. Unkle Sam made us Swabbys rip out Asbestous for the Boats in the Shipyards using our own knives and blow it down with compressed air and sweep it up with dustpan and brooms. no resperators, no saftey glasses, no hearing protection, no steel toe boots. so dont tell me that these libtards that never worked a day in their lives give a shite about anyone. Yea a Silent Sping, but now wverything in life is Silent. Cant even lip read what people are saying due to the Chines e Plague and everyone wearing masks. It will all be over soon so a long Dirt nap may be relaxing.
I grew up and worked the first 38 years of my life within about 35 miles of the Beaumont/ Port Arthur Texas chemical complex, breathed stuff so bad I should be green as a Martian by now. Part of that time was spent cleaning up huge pits of chemical manure in Texaco refinery dump trucking it to on site Arkon process systems and hauling the finished inert process off site several miles to Federal landfills. My oldest sister Mignon died as a child from eating arsenic baited bread set out for ants by a neighbor back about 1934 in Port Arthur. The lead shot restrictions in Texas came from psuedo science that claimed ducks ate the shot. My dad shot ducks on the Gulf coast for about 40 years and I plucked a ton of them. I don't believe a duck ever ate lead shot; that's about as valid as a live ivory bill woodpecker in Arkansas. B.S.

Don't have to worry about using lead shot while Pheasant hunting in CA's central valley anymore. There are NONE. The pesticides killed them off, not lead.
That gets me to thinking. If you kill off all the insects, which are a major part of a pheasants diet, they might not be able to survive very well in that area. A practical example is if you have moles in your lawn, drench it with pesticide, it'll kill off the insects and worms and the moles will leave or starve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back