• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Hunting gun

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mika.G

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Hunting gun? Made in USA? Any have ansver any?

Attachments

• received_219449940137168.jpeg
    received_219449940137168.jpeg
    21.1 KB · Views: 131
There is a name sometimes applied to a group of long barreled original pistols that were supposedly created back in the time period with intent for shooting treed bears on dog hunts. Such pistols were supposedly much lighter, handier to carry through brush, and quicker and easier to manuever in close quarters, i.e. a bear bayed in a cane stand. And with most shooting done at close range, it supposedly made more sense to carry one of these handguns as opposed to a full length rifle.

People tend to forget after the civil war there were a LOT of veterans who only had one arm left. I think a few long barrel pistols were made for them. Also good for carry in the buggy, not taking up much room.

Latest posts

Back