• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hunting for a 2-Band Enfield

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ahedgpe

32 Cal
Reaction score
Hello All,
New here, but not to muzzleloading. I did civil war reenacting for several years in the past and last year got back into shooting BP pistols. Im currently hunting for a 2 band Enfield. In doing research, I have found several companies but see that Pedersoli is seems to be the most accurate to the historical Enfield pattern rifle used during the Civil war period. I cant remember what "brand" of 3 band Enfield I used for reenacting at this point.

Being realistic, the Pedersoli is out of my price range, so I am looking at probably either the EuroArms or Armisport/Chiappa brands. I have seen a video showing the differences between the Euroarms and Pedersoli, but what about Armisport? My price range is right at $800+/-

The best of them all is the Parker-Hale two-band rifle. IF you should find one, check out the dozens of posts on this forum about the difference between the Parker-Hale production - note that serial numbers of FULL P-H manufacture stopped at around 9000, but barrels went up to 14000.

You ought to find one for the sum you mentioned.

Oh, welcome, as well. :)

It would really be useful to know where you are - what country, that kind of thing, so's I know that I'm not wasting valuable electrons offering you UK-type advice, 'kay?

The best of them all is the Parker-Hale two-band rifle. IF you should find one, check out the dozens of posts on this forum about the difference between the Parker-Hale production - note that serial numbers of FULL P-H manufacture stopped at around 9000, but barrels went up to 14000.

Thanks! So far, the Parker-Hale's I have seen are up in the $1400 price range... I would love to find one, since they are the closest copy of the real deal. Also, asking which is better between the Euroarms and Armisport is like a Ford/Chevy discussion. I know they are all replica's but some are more accurate than others, so it would seem that PH>Pedersoli>Euroarms/Armisport?

There’s two nice lookin’ Euroarms 2-bands on gunbroker right now. One is $675.00 to open, $750.00 to buy now. The other is $650.00 to open.

Thanks for the good suggestions. Been reviewing GB and eyeing those. Also, have been looking at the N-SSA forum, but Im not a current member, so from what It looks liI cant join without a membership (which is understandable for the type of site it is).

The Parker-Hale rifle is surely the nearest you'll ever get to the real thing, when you consider that they were made using the original jigs and patterns of the real thing. There may, as some will tell you, be minor differences in the wood shapes, but in general, they are the best of the lot and shoot the best, too.

I found this the other day when I was looking for some documents about the Parker-Hale Whitworth rifle I used to own a while back.

1615843680489.png

It was shot with the last seventeen 600gr hexagonal bullets I got from the Polisar Brothers in Albuquerque, open sights, at 200m.

Best to count.

I didn't even place in the top twenty shooters.

1615843488009.png

It would really be useful to know where you are - what country, that kind of thing, so's I know that I'm not wasting valuable electrons offering you UK-type advice, 'kay?

Sorry, missed that last part. I'm in the US, flyover country!

Sorry, missed that last part. I'm in the US, flyover country!

As this great forum here is predominantly US, it is felt helpful to give some idea of where you live so that the many generous muzzleloading folks here can help you out. We are not trying to track you down for our own nefarious purposes. ;)

Haha, I dont know...a lot of hunter/trackers on here!! Southern MO

Last edited:
Thanks for the good suggestions. Been reviewing GB and eyeing those. Also, have been looking at the N-SSA forum, but Im not a current member, so from what It looks liI cant join without a membership (which is understandable for the type of site it is).

I am a N-SSA member and unless they've changed something on the forum, you don't need to be a member to use the forum.

I have a Parker Hale 2 band Birmingham and it's a solid 2moa shooter and no, it's not for sale as it's my main competition musket. If you get one of the spaghetti repops, you may be disappointed in the accuracy and quality. Better to get a PH from Birmingham and be happy. Next, for best accuracy, you better get ready to do some casting. There aren't many options out there for good quality minies other than Lodgewood.

I have a Euroarms 2-band I've owned for a number of years. Shoots well and fairly accurate. Found it in unfired condition at a local gun show for $300.00. I haven't shot it for a couple years now, but plan on doing so soon. I'm sure glad I never sold it. Since I turned 70, all the guns seem heavier now. LOL The 2-band is a bit lighter and the position of the rear sight is a help for older eyes.

Rick

"I am a N-SSA member and unless they've changed something on the forum, you don't need to be a member to use the forum."

I tried registering because I saw a member there that has a Parker Hale for sale recently, but when I try to register it shows registration is disabled, so I reached out to their forum admin email this morning.

I won't be doing competitions but want something fun to shoot with my kids as I get back into BP rifles. I have two that are interested in BP and have enjoyed BP pistols. But historical accuracy is also important to me, as I'm a huge history buff.

Last edited:
"I am a N-SSA member and unless they've changed something on the forum, you don't need to be a member to use the forum."

I tried registering because I saw a member there that has a Parker Hale for sale recently, but when I try to register it shows registration is disabled, so I reached out to their forum admin email this morning.

I won't be doing competitions but want something fun to shoot with my kids as I get back into BP rifles. I have two that are interested in BP and have enjoyed BP pistols. But historical accuracy is also important to me, as I'm a huge history buff.

Received an email back from the admin at N-SSA, "Unfortunately, our forms are closed to non N-SSA members." So, I wont be able to find out about that PH that member Corporal has over there, unless he is a member here too.

Parker Hale is the best you can get. If you can snatch one used for a decent price you should definitely do it. Pedersoli is not bad either. I don't know enough about the Armi Sport/Chiappa ones to say anything. If they are like some of their other rifles, they are probably not bad either.

Well you said Parker Haley was out of your price range, I originally had a Euro arms and it shot well and looked good, I traded it for a Parker Hale later. Both rifles were fine for me
Good luck

Well you said Parker Haley was out of your price range, I originally had a Euro arms and it shot well and looked good, I traded it for a Parker Hale later. Both rifles were fine for me
Good luck

The prices on GunBroker are around $1400, which is way out of my price range, but someone has one on N-CCA for quit a bit less that I could manage. I'm sure a Euroarms would meet my wants/needs though.

Kia Ora from New Zealand. I really enjoy this forum.
I really like black powder guns own a few. Heres a Parker hale. 2 band . Very good at sorting out wild pigs . Bit of a pest at our place.
Nga mihi.kind regards Mac

Attachments

• 20210308_151737.jpg
    20210308_151737.jpg
    191 KB · Views: 86

Latest posts

Back