• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

FOR SALE Hunting & Fishing Lease in Dauphin County

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pamtnman

Hunt to Live
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
We have a roughly 1,000 acre active farming and forestry property in Dauphin County, Pennsylvania now open to sixty hunters. After many years of running a semi public deer hunting program, we have gone to a September 1-June 1 hunting and fishing lease, everything included except groundhogs and trapping. I do all the trapping. Catch and release fishing on over a private mile of Clark’s Creek and in our little farm pond. Four parking areas. Fantastic access to adjoining 43,000 acre SGL and Ibberson Conservation Area. $650.00 for everything. No guests, our insurance policy only allows the actual lease holder. Contact me here by message if you are interested or have questions.

A few questions, how many openings are available, is there a area for camping, what type of game is available, is this a strictly black powder use area, the catch and release on Clark Creek for trout and is it regulated too fly fishing only. What is the median age of the current members, also I would assume the majority of those who hunt the lease are deer hunters, are tree stands allowed, what is the turn out say for the first three days of Pa. deer season on the property. If so do the senior members have pre selected areas they have first choice on too hunt. Who regulates and supervises the lease (example board of directors) Who is the insurance through and what coverage is included.

how many openings are available: total of 60 leases
is there a area for camping: no
what type of game is available: all species but groundhog and trapping
is this a strictly black powder use area: no
the catch and release on Clark Creek for trout and is it regulated too fly fishing only: no.
What is the median age of the current members: no idea
are tree stands allowed: yes, three stands per hunter,
what is the turn out say for the first three days of Pa. deer season on the property: this is our first time leasing, so I don’t know
do the senior members have pre selected areas they have first choice on to hunt: first come first served stand location
Who regulates and supervises the lease (example board of directors): me
Who is the insurance through and what coverage is included: our policy is one of the big providers, I don’t recall right now. We are covered up to a million dollars per incident

Last edited:
16 acres per person, that could get crowded.
We are signing up people from Maryland and SE PA because they say the public land in those locations is terribly crowded, they cannot find good places to hunt, and the few leases available are very expensive. Assuming all sixty Hunters showed up here at the same time, this is the per acre distribution. In south central PA, this is not considered crowded. Not by a long shot. Our property also provides outstanding access to about 45,000 acres of adjoining public land. There’s lots of places here to hunt

Thanks for the info, the no camping part is a no go for me as I would have too travel a good ways. Good luck on your recruitment.
We discussed allowing camping, but we just are not set up for it. We are first and foremost a family farm. We have a bunch of farm houses and barns from all the original farms that were acquired and joined together long ago. Our tenants in these old homes are all the rentals / camping we could ever want. Managing a property this size is demanding, and the camping thing would be more than we can do. There is camping north of us on the Weiser State Forest, which technically adjoins us through other adjoining public land. Thank you for your nice thoughts. Good luck this season

Correct, Dave. Our insurance policy is strong because we are only allowing on the ground those people who have signed the lease. After many years of semi public hunting, this approach is different and a little tough to accept. Normally parents bring a kid or two and that’s a natural process. But it’s what we had to do. So yes, one full lease for each person, regardless of age. Someone asked for a family discount and we can’t do it this year, but it’s something we can consider next year. Thank you for your interest

No problem where I hunt I have about 100 acers private wooded mountain all too my self, kill off a nice buck or two every year, squirrels and even bears ,also do not live too far from state forrest land thousands of acers, In there all you have too do is walk a bit and no orange army too contend with, As was posted earlier 16 acers per hunter, do not want no moaning match, was just thinking it would be a nice break too hunt Pa. a bit, first and formost Family farm, tennats rental not for me too many gray areas. But I do whish you luck in your endevors.

More questions have been answered: about 150 acres are in cultivation each year. This year it’s mostly soybeans with some dedicated hay fields. The field edges and hedgerows are heavily grown in with all the nasty invasives and reverting farmland species possible; awesome habitat. The balance of land is mostly regenerating forest land, some of which was cut quite hard and is now coming back as an oak-poplar jungle. The regen is in different stages/ ages. Some is now twelve years old and becoming pretty thick saplings.
All in all it’s probably the best habitat in the county, which is why we have killed big bucks out there every year. My biggest green scored 157.

We have a roughly 1,000 acre active farming and forestry property in Dauphin County, Pennsylvania now open to sixty hunters. After many years of running a semi public deer hunting program, we have gone to a September 1-June 1 hunting and fishing lease, everything included except groundhogs and trapping. I do all the trapping. Catch and release fishing on over a private mile of Clark’s Creek and in our little farm pond. Four parking areas. Fantastic access to adjoining 43,000 acre SGL and Ibberson Conservation Area. $650.00 for everything. No guests, our insurance policy only allows the actual lease holder. Contact me here by message if you are interested or have questions.

Is this still available for lease memberships? I keep seeing this posted online and live in the area of the lease, even currently hunting clarks valley.

How can I go about contacting you privately? I tried finding a message option, but I made an account just for this post. 😂 So I may be limited to what I can do.

Is this still available for lease memberships? I keep seeing this posted online and live in the area of the lease, even currently hunting clarks valley.

How can I go about contacting you privately? I tried finding a message option, but I made an account just for this post. 😂 So I may be limited to what I can do.
Hey buddy. Thank you for contacting us about the lease. I will send you a message

For the 2024 Season would it be possible to join this lease. I am in Lancaster County looking for a place near by to hunt again and would love to tour the property and help with any maintenance from time to time. Let me know!

Back