• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hunting ban comments needed: Michigan Huron-Manistee National For

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmckenney

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Sportsmen Comments Needed to Oppose Potential Gun Hunting Ban
The U.S. Forest Service is now accepting comments on a proposed gun hunting ban for areas of the Huron-Manistee National Forest in Michigan.
In September, the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals ruled that the Forest Service’s regulations required that it consider banning hunting with firearms on lands designated as “semi-primitive” within the Huron-Manistee National Forest.
The Court feels that the noise associated with gun hunting could harm the quality of the recreational experience of hikers, backpackers, and cross country skiers. Additionally, the Court ruled that the Forest Service had to consider closing these areas if other public hunting land was available for gun hunting nearby.
As a result of the court ruling, the Forest Service began a formal review to determine if it should move forward with a gun hunting ban on these areas. Currently, the Service is considering two options:
1. a “No-Action” alternative which would allow hunting to continue without change; and
2. a “Modified Closure” alternative that would implement either a complete or partial ban on hunting with guns in the semi-primitive areas.
Take Action! Sportsmen should submit comments to the Forest Service supporting the “No-Action” alternative that would continue to allow hunting with firearms on areas designated as semi-primitive. Sportsmen can mail comments to:
Lee Evison, Forest Planner, Huron-Manistee National Forests
1755 S. Mitchell Street
Cadillac, MI 49601
Sportsmen can also fax comments to Lee Evison at (231) 775-5551 or email comments to [email protected].
Please include your name and address with your comments. Emailed comments must include “Forest Plan SEIS” as the subject line of the email. All comments must be received by February 11, 2011.
This alert is courtesy of the U.S. Sportsmen’s Alert Network. For more information call 614-888-4868, or go to www.ussportsmen.org

Last edited by a moderator:
I lived in Michigan and went up to that forrest twice. Honestly, I don't know who else would be up there other than hunters. They probably make up 80 percent (just guessing) of people in the woods during that time of year.

I've never seen so many hunters scattered in the the woods and pick-up trucks parked on the side of the road as when I lived in Michigan!

Latest posts

Back