• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hunting Bags 'n Powder Horns

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice rigs, you guys!

Ron... who made the bag with all the squirrels around it? (Looks a lot like one of Jack Hubbard's "early uglies") and what's that inscription on the last horn? (all I can make out is 1776)

Here's my latest horn. Wish I had a nicer strap for the bag.

bag001.jpg

Ron... who made the bag with all the squirrels around it? (Looks a lot like one of Jack Hubbard's "early uglies") and what's that inscription on the last horn? (all I can make out is 1776)

Yep, it's one of Jacks early uglies.

Here's a close up of the horn

Bag_horn2.JPG

Hmmm, mine'll have to be separate, as I don't have pics of pouch and horn together, except on my person.

Here's the bag, with my smoothy:

P1011997.jpg

And here's my horn, with my rifle. I made both bag and horn - which explains the mistakes...

P1011455.jpg

The biggest mistake on the horn was in choosing that one to carve, although it came out fine. There are better horns out there. The strap is also a bit like a '60's guitar strap.

The bag is chrome tanned leather, not vegetable tan, and I didn't put a welt on the knife sheath on back.

As to the rifle, I've posted before, but I'm proud of it. It's an Allen Martin Bucks County rifle, .50 cal, w/ a 42" swamped barrel.

Here are a few pics again; sorry for those who weren't interested the first time or so... :grin:
P9290001.jpg

P9290002.jpg

P9290004.jpg

P8150508.jpg

You have good reason to be proud of that rifle. I could look at it all day. How does she shoot?

If, no, when I miss :grin:, it's certainly not the rifle's fault! I've settled on a load of 70 gr. of FFg, ballistol-lubed pillow ticking, and a .490 roundball. At 50 yards offhand, I can get two shots touching, and then I blow the third shot, of course, and the group opens up, but that's me, not the rifle.

Lonehunter, what kinda wood is that your stuff is hangin on. :idunno:
Never seen wood like that and could think of lots a uses fer it. :hmm:
Dusty :wink:

Back