• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hunting Bags 'n Powder Horns

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maestro

Reaction score
I love 'em! Over the past few years, I've put together a set for each of my flinters. I know this comes up from time to time, but... post photos of yours.

With .50 rifle:
IMG_2244.JPG

With .62 smoothbore:
IMG_2240.JPG

With .75 smoothbore:
IMG_2248.JPG

Absolutely Beautiful!

You have some beautiful gear. :bow:

Thanks for sharing.

Swampy said:
You do excellent work Gene. :hatsoff:

Oh... no, no, no.... :surrender: I didn't make anything in those photos! I'm sorry I wasn't clear about that... you wouldn't want to see anything I'd try to make! :rotf: (The only thing I'm handy with is a musical instrument!)

I was hoping everybody would post pics of their bags & horns too.
:thumbsup:

Marc Adamchek said:
Would it be bad manners to ask who made your bags?
Oh, how rude! :blah: No, not at all, Marc! I'll list 'em all... they're some fine artists and deserve credit!

.50 rifle
Bag & other leather work - Jeanne McDonald
Buckle - Rich McDonald
PA German inscription horn - Mike Hawkins
Linen/wool woven strap - C.J. Wilde
Powder measure - "Spark" Mumma
Rifle - R. Thomas Caster

.62 fowler
Bag and horn strap - Jeanne McDonald
Berks Co. "bloodspot" screw-tip horn - Robt. Weigert
Buckles - Rich McDonald
N.E. Fowler - Larry Williams

.75 fowler
Bag - Jack Hubbard
Squirrel skin "repair" horn - Mike Small
Wampum strap - David Hasler
Powder measure - "Spark" Mumma
Club Butt doglock fowler - Larry Williams

Come on... we want to see more pictures! :thumbsup:

Well, thank you all for the compliments. I was hoping this thread would turn into everyone posting their bag & horn combos. Well, here's a couple more nice ones I found this evening:

Southern horn by David Dodds; bag by Scott Sibley:
6332_100_0486.jpg

Tansel horn & bag by T.C. Albert:
6329_026.JPG

I don't want to scare anyone... Mine is a 60's leather purse and a plastic katsup bottle... :youcrazy: :redface:

I have bits and pieces of stuff to make my own gear, collected stuff from where I live. Just now getting around to making it... 20 years later... at least the antler I found on the ranch is still in good shape :)

OK DM, I'll play. :grin:

Here is one for my percussion.

P9210522-1.jpg

I don't have a pic of the bag/horn my flinter; I'll try to take one tomorrow.

Back