• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Hunting Bag Arrangement

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use two bags. One is a fairly small "day" bag with attached horn and other one is a bit bigger, using a separate horn ,sewn on patch knife etc.,but still does not carry a lot more than the other bag. Since I shoot only .50, .54, or my Fowler (.62) I have different loading blocks w Antler measures attached, I switch, that is it. I carry a few extra patches, flint wallet with tools, brass measure, brass priming tool, brass oiler, ball bag in each pouch. Each bag is equipped with the same items so, I don't have to change

Attachments

• Black Powder Stuff 3.jpg
    Black Powder Stuff 3.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
  • black powder stuff 4.jpg
    black powder stuff 4.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 0
I am working on accumulating and setting up a bag for each caliber. But I only have two main horns, one for 3f and one for 2f. I do have flasks with fixed charge spouts that are mighty handy for pistol and small charges for my .32. Also a small horn with a valve and a flat horn I need to figure out where to mix in the rotation. I want my bags set up ready to go as I rarely (never) shoot the same guns twice in a row and it is a fire-drill getting ready at a shoot. I try not to carry anything but a bag/horn/loading rod (and guns) to the line and of course can’t on a Woods Walk.

How do you guys arrange your hunting bags? Do you have one for each type of gun or do you use one bag for every type of gun, be it rifle, shotgun, pistol, etc? Thanks
I have one for each long arm; a rifle, and a smooth bore. I have a second smoothbore that needs its own bag.

Back