• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD Hunting bag and powderhorn set

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Have a nice hunting bag made of 3-4 oz vegtan aged
IMG_20220405_163941.jpg
IMG_20220405_163954.jpg
IMG_20220405_164012.jpg
IMG_20220405_164028.jpg
IMG_20220405_164049.jpg
IMG_20220405_164114.jpg
leather with decorative leather insert, bag measurements 8x9 inch. Lined with walnut dyed cloth. 4-5 oz with handmade brass buckle. Also comes with powderhorn with scrimshaw and handwoven strap, measures 13 1/2 inch over the curve
Asking 325 $ shipping included

Howdy, Hawkeye,
I really like these.
In fact, I'll take them.
I would love to meet face-to-face, but I can't go to Belgium again, so you'll have to come to Texas!
Or maybe send them by official courier. Not as much fun, but probably easier.
I'll pm you a bit later to discuss the transaction.
Since this was originally posted a while ago, could you post a name-tag-in-a-photo-of-the-item that has become popular here?
Thanks,
Brazos John

Visiting Texas would be fun yes. But at the moment as a retired old I don't have the cash to make a trip to the US.
Visited in the ninetey's 4 times the US. 2 times in Friendship NMLRA shoot and 1 NMLRA rendezvous in Vermont and 1 time across New York state and historical places up till Niagara falls
Best regards Hawkeye Hugo

My family visited Brussels for the Christmas Market in 2019, just before covid. We had breakfast at a corner cafe, and I had some unforgettable hot chocolate where I had to shave the Belgian chocolate bar into the hot milk! The old buildings, the cafes, the trains and busses running through town, it was all great!

Brussels has the reputation of having pickpockets. At the Market, my daughter had her phone lifted. We saw the culprit and his female accomplice with the huge purse, but they got away before I could stop them.

Otherwise, the city is beautiful, with so many great sites and sights. And bars. Like Delirium. Recently here, I mentioned seeing the statue Jenneke Pis. Y'all like your public statues!

We briefly visited Liege, and I fell in love with the city. I have since studied the history, and even bought an original Liege-proofed single-shot percussion derringer that Pedersoli copied.

We also visited Brugges, where I think my ancestors left from, to sail to Philadelphia in 1732. The canals all through the town are so pretty, and again, the old buildings were all wonderful! They even had Dutch-style windmills! When I win Lotto, I will certainly return!

Take care, and I look forward to receiving my new bag and horn!
Brazos John

Yes John, up here is the old world, but on guns, everything except from before 1900 is under lisence, I can only shoot as a member of a shooting club on a range. Need to shoot 12 times a year to keep my shooting lisence. No hunting with BP guns 😩🤮. Brussels is now like on almost every corner, homeless people, like every big city, Liége has a nice gun museum
Hawkeye Hugo

Received 3/18. Less than 2 weeks from Belgium to Texas by USPS. Better than I expected.
The horn and bag look better than the photos, and I'm totally pleased with the transaction.
This is my new favorite bag and (only) scrimshaw horn.
With my .36 Lehigh Valley flinter, I'll be working up a persona around them.
Thanks, Hugo!
Did I mention that the artwork is great! The ship and whale, the town and church, the bear and buck, with the borders, it really looks like one of the horns that we see photos of, hanging in museums.
Like I said, I'm totally pleased.
Thanks again, Hugo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back