• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hunt for Arrowheads

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have also skinned using a flint blade and it noticed that the hide was free of accidental cuts and gouges that sometimes happen in the tight places when using a sharp knife blade. This may be helpful if saving the hide for tanning.
Works well for cutting steak, but hard on the plate! New made point, knife made by me.

Attachments

• 12885944_10153949996031380_2296170984335341855_o.jpg
    12885944_10153949996031380_2296170984335341855_o.jpg
    421.7 KB · Views: 0
I never found one, but in my re-loading room there is a large, framed display of points my father had found over the years, it came to me after his passing a smaller one went to my sister. I do look for them when out and about but no luck, I do a fair bit of hunting out west and look around when glassing for animals I am hunting, always hope to find one in the area I kill an animal, think it would be a good deal if I were to find one to have it framed in a small frame and hang it under the animals head after mounted. Would be to me a bridge between hunters of years past and me.

Up in Northern Az While elk hunting near Winslow we would find native trash piles, ancient natives, and there would be tons of pot shards but precious few points or pieces of points. I always wondered about the lack of stone points in these places.

Up in Northern Az While elk hunting near Winslow we would find native trash piles, ancient natives, and there would be tons of pot shards but precious few points or pieces of points. I always wondered about the lack of stone points in these places.
With the amount of obsidian and other flakeable stuff out there, and the smaller size of points in the later petiods after pottery started being used, I wonder if points were made or replaced while hunting, rather than back at camp the way they were down here or in earlier time periods... Not as much use around home that would result in points ending up being deposited there?

Or, to paraphrase Tony Soprano,
"You don't shoot where you eat!"

Last edited:
There was a Civil War show in Brandon, Miss. Yesterday . Seems like Civil War buffs like arrowheads too.
Dad Burnit!!!!!! I totally forgot about the Brandon show. Only 45 minutes away and I missed it again. If I didn’t have a bad memory I’d have no memory at all!

I used to work at CDOT out on Eastern plains of Colorado. We bought our sand from locals, would haul it central site and mix it with salt, for road use. At the end of the screen, rocks would fall out, at the end of the mixer belt, the salt/sand and smaller stuff would pile up. We always checked both spots, guys would find some really nice artifacts.

Back