• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD Hudson Bay Point Blanket Capote

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Selling a capote made from a Hudson Bay Point blanket.
It is green in color, and was made for someone about 6' tall and 225 pounds that wears a 2x jacket.
Measurements provided at the time were:
Neck - 18 1/2"
Chest - 49 1/2"
Stomach - 47"
Armpit to wrist - 23"
Length - 37"

This is basically new, it has never been worn other than to try on.
$300.00 - shipping included

front.jpg
back.jpg
label.jpg

Wonder, how difficult would it be to alter something like that?
Just curious.
It depends on how it was originally sewn together. If it was sewn by hand or if the yarn that you see in the picture is what is holding it together i is real easy.
If it was sewn on a modern machine first with the blanket stitch of yarn being added on after, that can be problematic. You see you first have to take it apart. The modern machine has tighter stitching, frequently closer together and gets lost in the nice fluffiness of a good wool blanket. Removing the stitches without damaging the blanket to much becomes a problem. Especially if the blanket is old. I am not without some experience in this as I have made 15 to 20 capotes of various styles, a club I was associated with bought a whole lot of Early's Whitney blankets so I sorta ended up "helping" other's make theirs.

It is nice to have them a little large, as they shed water well, and sometimes they end up being the protection for everything you are wearing and carrying. Back when I was much younger and had fewer artificial parts in my joints I would use mine for a blanket when treking in the spring, summer and fall: Put my feet in the hood, pull it up around me, Crash out. This did mean I had to carry a pair of Knit wool socks i only used to sleep in but. My particular coat is made from an Early's Whitney Horse Blanket/aka horse rug, which are slightly smaller than a 4 point but about twice as thick.

Hope this is of some help,
I am,

Mad Michael.

It will fit me...
Perhaps a trade....?
The wife cut off my spending for a bit, due to the expense of buying out Bague Harold's leather working company...
But.... I do have many interesting things I can offer in trade... message me...

It will fit me...
Perhaps a trade....?
The wife cut off my spending for a bit, due to the expense of buying out Bague Harold's leather working company...
But.... I do have many interesting things I can offer in trade... message me...

Thanks, but if it is for leather goods, I will pass. I have all I need and what I don't have I do myself.

Not just leather goods... What is it you are interested in.... and I will see if I have something to tempt you with...

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: smo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back