• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Howdy

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rockwell Torrey

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Howdy

I'm Brand new to BP. I have played with the toys of others in the past and very much enjoy the gatherings. I have done some CAS events but always been drawn to the BP section.

It always seemed too big a leap to get into BP untill I aw the Pietta Model 1858 New Army Stainless .44 Caliber Target Revolver and fell in love. I know there are those that will be quick to jump on this not being PC. But it is close enough for me. Now Cabela's just needs to put it on sale for me. I am on their email list. And the Christmas sale is not that far away.

In the mean time I have been lurking around here, digging through the old posts and learning all I can. I have started a collection of pure scrap lead to cast my balls. I have researched and picked out a mold from Larry Callahan. Yes I know the drawbacks of bag molds but I really enjoy casting around the campfire and I have my corncobs all set. Better than just poking the fire.

I do need to find a place to shoot BP in the NNE area around Atlanta. Any thoughts out there?

I have never been into long guns but that may change.

Until I get in the game all the way I will just keep lurking. If I post anything it will be an open question looking for opinions.

Good luck to all

Aint nothing wrong with pistols that's how I started.
Welcome from North Ala. and don't worry any about them long guns the itch will come soon enough.
enjoy

ST

Welcome to the gang! Unless you intend to re-enact with some group and they have a problem with a '58 with adjustable sights, don't give it another thought. You only have to make yourself happy. :wink: Sounds like you're learning the basics and will be ready to go when Santa brings you a surprise. Only thing you might need to do is replace the nipples for ones designed for #11 caps, the #10's are getting a bit hard to find. Outside of that just practice your Wyatt Earp face! :haha: :thumbsup:

Back