• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Howdy

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know that area. There used to be a dive bar there called Four Kings. The light rail goes through there now. I thought that Bizarre Guitar was over there too, but Google says the are on 7th Street. Maybe they moved?
I left a long time ago. There was a Yellow Front army navy surpluss on the corner of 19th ave and Cammelback. I remember we liked to "cruise Central" back then and would hang out at the Der Weinersnitzle on Central. There was no light rail in those days. I've only been back once in the early '80s since I left. Even then things had changed a lot.

New here and interested in exchanging knowledge.
I am also a Newbie here. I have a Reproduction Zouave. I cast the bullets using a Lee .575 mold. I also run them through a Sizing die to make sure they are good. I make the bullet lube for my 58 caliber rifle/musket(s) with "real beeswax and about 5% cooking lard". So far this has worked for me.

I am also a Newbie here. I have a Reproduction Zouave. I cast the bullets using a Lee .575 mold. I also run them through a Sizing die to make sure they are good. I make the bullet lube for my 58 caliber rifle/musket(s) with "real beeswax and about 5% cooking lard". So far this has worked for me.
I've used bacon grease and candle wax. Not something I would recommend but it worked in a pinch. You're liable to find a bear rummaging in your shooting bag!

Latest posts

Back