• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Howdy.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Madmax

32 Cal
Reaction score
I'm Madmax from FL/NC. Just got interested in black powder. I've participated in Alafia Rendezvous in FL for 6 or 7 years and the boom and smoke from the range always intrigued me. I'm pretty well versed in modern firearms but a real pilgrim with black powder. Bought an Investarms Hawkin kit and I'm about to test fire it. Wish me luck.

Thanks mooman 76. I have a few friends online that walked me through my first build (up to this point anyway). They were invaluable. And a never ending well of historical info. I look forward to getting to know y'all.

We're over by Bryson City. We go to Asheville a few times a year. I will make it a point to get over there and stop by.

Welcome from Tennessee...I've been to the Alifia a couple times , but never camped there.

I went as a spectator on the weekend. Tons of Vendors there, with some fantastic goods for sale.

Hopefully I can make it back down that way one day.

We like camping on Citico Creek in TN. Our new heeler puppy was born in Tellico Valley TN (name's Tellico). When we make our annual shopping TN shopping trip over the Smokies, we creep through Gatlinburg, I drop my wife by Tangers Outlet, then I go to my happy shopping place...Smoky Mountain Knife Works, Bud's Guns, Coleman Outlet, and Lodge Outlet. All right there together. I spend way too much. Lol.

I'm Madmax from FL/NC. Just got interested in black powder. I've participated in Alafia Rendezvous in FL for 6 or 7 years and the boom and smoke from the range always intrigued me. I'm pretty well versed in modern firearms but a real pilgrim with black powder. Bought an Investarms Hawkin kit and I'm about to test fire it. Wish me luck.
Doesn't get better than this place for asking questions and meeting great folks. Have fun with your new kit and let us know the results!-Larry

Back