• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Howdy

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jefftx

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Joined yesterday from south Texas. I'm a beginner and yet to purchase my first ML. I've been perusing some of the beginner threads and leaning towards Lyman trade, TC renegade or hawken all in 54 cal. I'm a bow hunter too for whitetail, pigs and nilgai. Looking forward to learning from the experts.

:bow:

Howdy JeffTx, Welcome! Great bunch of guys here. You can learn a lot. .54 Cal. good all around choice. ,,,DT

Down near port Isabel. I'm about 20 minutes from laguna Atascosa wildlife refuge.

Jeff, Welcome to the forum my friend! We have quite a few member's from the Lone Star State. You are well represented here! We are honored that you have decided to join our ranks.

Let me take this opportunity to give you a quick rundown of our forum!

This forum is the very best when it comes to Traditional Muzzleloaders and BP shooting. We also cover all the other aspects that go along with it.

No matter what kind of Traditional Muzzleloader you shoot or want, it's more than likely covered in fine detail right here. Alot of good information can be had. You mentioned the Renegade as well as the Lyman Trade Rifle. Both are great choices. The 54 Caliber is also another great choice. Before you decide for sure, ask alot of questions. As you learn more you might even lean towards an entirely different muzzleloader?

You will find like minded folks as yourself here on our forum. The majority of our members have decades of knowledge and experience. They would be glad to answer any questions that you may have. We would also love to hear what you might want to share with us as well!

We also have a Search feature which is located at the top of the forums page's. It is a great tool to utilize for research or for looking up something specific. You can also adjust the date range's at the bottom of the forums page's. By doing this you will be able to view additional topics in this forum.

Our forum is also a lively forum with new topics being created on a daily basis. There is something new to checkout all the time!

The learning opportunities are truly endless! I guarantee you will learn something new each and every time you visit this forum. I'm always learning something new with each visit.

Lastly and most importantly, Our forum is a friendly place. You will make lifelong friends who share the same love and passion for everything that Traditional Muzzleloading and BP shooting has to offer!

We are glad that you have decided to become one of our member's. We also look forward to hearing from you in the very near future!

Welcome Aboard my friend!

Respectfully, Cowboy :hatsoff:

India animal imported by the King Ranch in the 1930s. They're reproduced and and up and down the coast of Texas. Nonnative so you can shoot them all year. Bulls can easily hit 400-500 pounds. Cows less. Great eating animal.

JeffTx said:
Down near port Isabel. I'm about 20 minutes from laguna Atascosa wildlife refuge.

Haha! That is South Texas. I grew up in Edinburg and SPI was my second home.

When I tell people I'm from South Texas they may ask "San Antonio?" I tell them about 250 miles south of SA.

Welcome. :hatsoff:

Back