• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

HOWDY FROM TEXAS!!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wyldbill

32 Cal
Reaction score
NAVY veteran, truck driver, PRO-2nd Amend, and recently earned my MA History from UT Texas. What can be more American than black powder and muzzleloaders, huh? Let's have some fun, what'do'ya say??

1975, USPS stamp honoring a Colonial enlisted man wearing a tri-cap with a cannon on his shoulder. G. Washington called him a "one-man army"". Yes, this individual was a real person. His name was, Peter Francisco.

I LOVE American History. Being an American is an ideology.
(USS Midway, Jet Mechanic, E-5, Honorably Discharged and a DAV).

-wyldbill

Howdy from North Texas and welcome to the forum.
I used to hunt the Type II land between Palestine and Rusk on the Neches.
I've known that place well since my childhood and hunted it near the Neches River many many times, My Friend. GOOD TIMES!

NOTE: The underlying quote you've shared under your heading is by T. Roosevelt, correct?

I've known that place well since my childhood and hunted it near the Neches River many many times, My Friend. GOOD TIMES!

NOTE: The underlying quote you've shared under your heading is by T. Roosevelt, correct?
Yes sir, that's Teddy. Part of his speech at the Sorbonne, in Paris.
Probably my favorite quote.

Howdy, Wyldbill,
Welcome from The Woodlands!
I've driven through Palestine lots of times, way up in the Piney Woods.
Lots of pine trees, a nice little town, and then more pine trees.
With your MA in History, you need to share your knowledge with us youngsters. :ghostly:
And stories from your service days are always appreciated! 🇺🇸

Howdy back from Lindale ! Palestine with is our stop when traveling SW to friends down around marble Falls and other spots Hunted twice on some state land outside of P town , cant recall the name, once for deer and once for pigs ! both were a drawing back in the 70s. Also fished the neches every Feb with a bunch of guys from Ft Sam, We take the Presidents day weekend , rent boats from the post and come camp and fish up there (cant recall id off 155 or 79. Always love to visit old town area.

Back