• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Howdy From Pulaski, TN!!!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Howdy Folks:

Thanks for all the great welcome messages. I really appreciate that and look forward to conversing with each of you in future discussions. Have a great night and keep your powder dry. Never know when you might need it...

Welcome to the Forum!

I shoot with a group between Lawrenceburg & Pulaski, Poplar Hollar Longrifles, just of Hwy 64 a coupe of miles...

Howdy smo. Thanks for the reply. Would be interested sometime in learning more about that group you shoot with, that is if it is open to new shooters. Didn't know we had such a group around here. If you ever make it to town on a Saturday morning, and happen to stop at the farmers market on the south side of the square, look for the big bearded guy under the purple canopies on the 1st street end. That would be me. Feel free to stop by and chat if you ever want to.

Yep, North Middle TN here...rode bikes at Pigeon Roost years ago. My late friend Tip Curtis convinced me on the .40.

Yep, I'm about two minutes from Pigeon Roost. We call our place Buzzard Roost... Those .40 rifles are great. Shot a few rounds through mine today and hoping to slip out of the shop long enough tomorrow morning to go for a tree rat or three...

I've always wanted to visit Dixie Gun Works in person; now that I'm retired maybe I can trek thru the beautiful country from Pa. to good ol' Tennessee some time!

Howdy. Dixie is awesome. First time I went I knew I was in the right place when there were cannon barrels laying around on the side walk. Wasn't what I expected at all. I thought it would be a massive "sporting goods" type store. Nope, not at all. It was much better. A small no-nonsense shop stuffed to the gills with everything folks like us appreciate. Stocks. Barrels. Shooting supplies. You name it. Word of advice though. Should you drive down from the great state of PA you might want to get something to eat on the way. Union City is a great town with really nice people but it isn't known for fine eateries. Haven't been there for a few years so maybe it has changes. Thanks for the welcome.

Latest posts

Back