• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Howdy from North GA!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benmmc

Pilgrim
Reaction score
Howdy y'all! I'm Ben from North GA. Decided to join up and discuss BP with you guys. A little about me.

I'm in my later thirties and I've been hunting since I was 15. Always used to drool over the BP section of the Cabela's catalog when I was younger, but never go into it until last year. It's so cool, and I'm having fun with it. First BP gun was actually a pair of brass Pietta 1851's. Love these guns. Got the Triple K belt and holsters for them as well. Photos below!

Then a family member heard that I was into BP and gifted me a .50 T/C Hawken rifle that was built from a kit several decades ago by another family member (he killed several deer with it during his time here on Earth). Shot that fella once, and it was awesome, but I need to tweak the ball size and patch thickness. It was way too tight.

Anywho, nice meeting y'all. Looking forward to chatting more!

IMG_8964.jpeg

First time shooting them!

IMG_8962.jpeg

Hey there!

DSC04861.JPG

Glamour Shot

IMG_9011.jpeg

First cleaning!

Aaaaand a video here for you as well:

Then a family member heard that I was into BP and gifted me a .50 T/C Hawken rifle that was built from a kit several decades ago by another family member (he killed several deer with it during his time here on Earth). Shot that fella once, and it was awesome, but I need to tweak the ball size and patch thickness. It was way too tight.

By shot that fella, do you mean the rifle or the "another family member"? A friendly hello from Idaho.

Welcome, there is a club in Toccoa if you are anywhere near to that. The Blue ridge Mountain Men. They have a facebook page if you want to look them up.

Welcome. a nice pair of BRASSERS" and a guy who rely knows how to rely clean them!!!

Howdy y'all! I'm Ben from North GA. Decided to join up and discuss BP with you guys. A little about me.

I'm in my later thirties and I've been hunting since I was 15. Always used to drool over the BP section of the Cabela's catalog when I was younger, but never go into it until last year. It's so cool, and I'm having fun with it. First BP gun was actually a pair of brass Pietta 1851's. Love these guns. Got the Triple K belt and holsters for them as well. Photos below!

Anywho, nice meeting y'all. Looking forward to chatting more!

View attachment 69931
First time shooting them!

View attachment 69930
Hey there!

View attachment 69929
Glamour Shot

View attachment 69932
First cleaning!

Aaaaand a video here for you as well:

welcome to the forum Ben.

Back