• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Howdy from North Carolina, USA!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brentona

36 Cl.
Reaction score
Good afternoon Crew -

My name is Brent and this is my intro!
I have been a gun nut my entire life (29 years old) and have recently really become interested in Muzzleloaders, Flintlocks dominate my interest right now. I am a history nerd, and through that, a historical weapons nerd. Although my knowledge on the subject is narrow, I love picking up some new (old) information!

I come to the forum from a humble admission that I am green as grass when it comes to the in's and out's of Muzzleloaders, especially Flintlocks. I have hunted with your modern in-lines before and own an 1860 Army Revolver. However, I have just placed a deposit on a Tennessee Muzzleloader's Poor Boy. My first venture into Flintlocks. I did a lot of reading and saw a low of flack they were catching on the web. I deduced that much stemmed from their lack of true military modelling and not as "elegant" lines on the stock. However, my interest stems totally from utility and function, with no ambitions of re-enacting famous US Land battles. Tip Curtis popped up a lot in my reading and I was saddened to hear he had passed. With the starting price of the Poor Boy being very close to an off the rack Pedersoli these days, I figured it was a no brainer. I went with a 42" swamped barrel for balance, and everything else will be standard in terms of fit and finish. Aged steel rounds out the soon-to-be new iron as I am not interested in brass or finer appointments. 50 caliber will suit the game in the area nicely.

I will do a lot of searching on the forum for resources as to where to begin my journey, but expect some stupid obvious questions along the way (tack and accessories to round out my kit)! I appreciate you all welcoming me and I look forward to future correspondence!

- Brent

Welcome to the "Muzzleloading University" here. If you'll start a conversation with me AKA "PM", I can put you in touch with a local muzzleloading club within an hour's drive of you in Union Grove. I am in Fayetteville, and travel around the state to attend shoots, rendezvous, and NC Longrifle Shows.

Welcome to the forum my friend. Always love to see someone do the research and try to educate themselves prior to jumping into something?

We definitely look forward to hearing more from you. Would also like to see pics of your gun when you get it. We all love looking at pics around here.

Lastly and most importantly. Many members here have years of knowledge and experience on this forum. They’d be more than happy to answer any questions that you may have my friend.

Again, Welcome aboard.

Respectfully, Cowboy

Welcome, I am currently President of the club Buck mentioned. We shoot every third Saturday, probably less than an hour from you. Our range is actually in Iredell County, Hamptonville.

Welcome, I am currently President of the club Buck mentioned. We shoot every third Saturday, probably less than an hour from you. Our range is actually in Iredell County, Hamptonville.
That’s terrific!!! I will definitely move everything I can to attend the October meet! Is there a Facebook group or website I can hop on? I’d love a chance to stand around with my mouth shut and ears open! Thank you for the invitation!

Welcome to the forum my friend. Always love to see someone do the research and try to educate themselves prior to jumping into something?

We definitely look forward to hearing more from you. Would also like to see pics of your gun when you get it. We all love looking at pics around here.

Lastly and most importantly. Many members here have years of knowledge and experience on this forum. They’d be more than happy to answer any questions that you may have my friend.

Again, Welcome aboard.

Respectfully, Cowboy
Thanks, Cowboy!

Welcome to the "Muzzleloading University" here. If you'll start a conversation with me AKA "PM", I can put you in touch with a local muzzleloading club within an hour's drive of you in Union Grove. I am in Fayetteville, and travel around the state to attend shoots, rendezvous, and NC Longrifle Shows.
Thank you Buck! I’d love to meet up and pick your brain at a shoot sometime! This is great to hear all the fellow Carolinians chiming in!!

Latest posts

Back