• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Howdy from Cedar Park, Texas

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimirwin

Pilgrim
Reaction score
My friend Leighton put me onto this forum. Looks like it is very well populated. Lots of rules! I've never seen or been on such a list, so beg forgiveness for inadvertent fou-pahs.

I've been building cannons since the '50's; muzzle-loaders since the '70's. My target shooting cannon is a 40mm Whitworth-style rifle. Civil War era, loads from the breech. Does mentioning this run afoul of the rules?

Shot lots of competition on the Left Coast. Cannon, shotgun, Hawken, musket, slug gun, and round ball (bench, light rifle, and primitive) muzzle-loader. Was president of the California State ML Assoc. back in about '82.

Also big into scheutzen and BPCR (back in the day), but won't go there, here.

I recently picked up a heavy bench underhammer action, so am accumulating parts to make a switch-barrel unlimited RB bench gun/slug gun.

Career was in computer chips and the tools used to fabricate them. My retirement gig is my little gunsmith shop next door to a new pistol range. Working on other folks's guns keeps me busier than I really wanted to be. Do love the antiques I get to repair/restore for folks, though.

Suspect some old friends and shooting buddies are on this forum, so look forward to re-connecting with you. And especially to meeting new friends I ain't met yet.

Blessings ya'all!

Welcome to the Forum, Jim. :hatsoff: Your friend, Leighton, did you a good turn. You will fit right in here.

The Rules are just to keep the Forum focused, and friendly. Claude got this whole kit up and firing, and he keeps it user-friendly.

Cowboy will be along shortly to give you a more detailed welcome. :grin:

We look forward to your input.
Richard/Grumpa

Jim, Welcome to our forum my friend! We are honored to have you among our ranks. I am surprised that you have not found us earlier. Your friend Leighton has definitely did you a very solid favor. There is no need to look anywhere else now. You have found yourself a home with us. We're glad to have ya!

This forum is the very best by far when it comes to Traditional Muzzleloader's and BP shooting. We also cover all the other aspects that go along with it.

You will find like minded folks as yourself right here. Like you, the majority of our member's have decades of knowledge and experience. You will fit right in! Our member's would be more than glad to answer any questions that you may have. We would also love to hear what you may want to share with us as well!

We also have a Search feature which is located at the top of the forums page's. It is a great tool to utilize for research or looking up something specific.

You also mentioned that you like Cannon's. We also have an area in our Firearms section that is dedicated just for Cannon's. You also mentioned that you like building muzzleloaders. We also have an area called The Gun Builder's Bench. Some of the nicest muzzleloader's that I have ever seen come from this area. You will have an opportunity to see our member's handy work in this area.

Our forum is a lively place with new topics being created on a daily basis. There is always something new to checkout all the time!

The learning opportunities here are endless! I guarantee you will learn something new each and every time you visit this forum. I continue to learn on a daily basis. Our journey truly never ends!

Lastly, and most importantly! Our forum is a friendly place. You will make lifelong friends who share the same love and passion for everything that Traditional Muzzleloading and BP shooting has to offer.

Again, we are glad that you have decided to join us and we look forward to hearing from you in the very near future.

Welcome Aboard my friend!

Respectfully, Cowboy :hatsoff:

Welcome, Jim from your neighbor in Georgetown. I shoot with a club in New Braunfels but haven't been since my wife of 51 years died last July.
We ought to get together and carpool to one of the shoots in New Braunfels. They have one coming up this Saturday. If you are interested, let me know. :thumbsup:

BTW, I have not yet met Leighton but he and I correspond via email.

Another Texas shooter, welcome to the forum. Following up on what Bill posted we have a local group that shoots once a month out by Canyon Lake send me a PM and I'll send more info.

Bill it's been a long time you need to come out and visit.

Rusty

Back