• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Howdy from Alabama

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SirPlus

Pilgrim
Reaction score
Recently ordered a Markwell Arms 45 caliber percussion 1845 model pistol made in Spain off Gun Broker. I own 3 military surplus long rifles, but this is my first black powder weapon. Can't wait to get my hands on it. Gonna' keep my eyes peeled for a flint-lock rifle. I always thought flints were complicated to load, but it just about like loading my percussion pistol. I retired from the Army in '96, which is where my interest (passion, really) in weapons began. I have some modern firearms, but I really love the look and history of old weapons. Looking forward to reading everyone's post, and I wish you all well.

Welcome to the forum. :)

You'll find a lot of information about loading and shooting flintlocks here and I'm sure our members will be happy to answer any question you have about them.

Recently ordered a Markwell Arms 45 caliber percussion 1845 model pistol made in Spain off Gun Broker. I own 3 military surplus long rifles, but this is my first black powder weapon. Can't wait to get my hands on it. Gonna' keep my eyes peeled for a flint-lock rifle. I always thought flints were complicated to load, but it just about like loading my percussion pistol. I retired from the Army in '96, which is where my interest (passion, really) in weapons began. I have some modern firearms, but I really love the look and history of old weapons. Looking forward to reading everyone's post, and I wish you all well.
Welcome from Arkansas; you will love the dark side, many of us started with a pistol or revolver. Watch the classified ads here on the Forum, you might find what you want in a flintlock rifle. George. P.S. We all wish you well, too.

SirPlus,
Welcome from NE Alabama. You will enjoy your pistol. I bought my first one in 1966 and it was a great start in this hobby/obsession! If you have any questions there are plenty of answers here, some are even right!

Welcome from the Ohio River Valley (or at least 3 of the 6 states) Ohio, Indiana and Tennessee

Back