How to do quotes

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements & Support' started by bubba.50, Feb 13, 2019.

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum by donating:

1. Feb 13, 2019 #1

bubba.50

bubba.50

bubba.50

54 Cal.

when I click on the quote bar then type my message how do I get the quote into my message?

2. Feb 13, 2019 #2

hawkeye2

hawkeye2

hawkeye2

58 Cal.

You have to click on +Quote and then Reply. It's automaticly done after that, just type your message and post it.

3. Feb 13, 2019 #3

bubba.50

bubba.50

bubba.50

54 Cal.

Cool. Thanks.

4. Feb 13, 2019 #4

Black Hand

Black Hand

Black Hand

Cannon

I'm curious why the entire text of the post you quote (i.e. nested quotes) doesn't show? All you get is the most recent response, which makes the conversation stilted.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
  5. Feb 13, 2019 #5

Zonie

Zonie

Zonie

Moderator Staff Member MLF Supporter

To just quote someones previous post just hit the "Reply" button. That will automatically put that post at the top of your writings which must start AFTER the [/QUOTE] symbol.

The "+ Quote" button is used if you want to post quotes of other people in your writings.

To use it, poke the + Quote button in the next persons post and notice that a new box has appeared in the writing box. It says "Insert Quotes".
    If you poke it, it should put the next quote into your writings like this.
    Now, doing that + Quote thing I'll answer the next question by poking the one in Black Hands question.

The way the software is set up, it is quoting only the answer in the post you selected. If it contains other peoples quotes they will be left out of the finished product.
    The entire quote is included even if it is long. It just seems to fade out but you can click on it to see the whole thing if you want to.

With the + Quote system, if you want to include several other peoples quotes in your writings you can just poke it and enter it into your post where ever you want to.

Angie likes this.
  6. Feb 13, 2019 #6

Black Hand

Black Hand

Black Hand

Cannon

I had played with the +quote buttons with some success in the past, but hadn't explored it fully as it wasn't always necessary.
    Thanks!

7. Feb 14, 2019 #7

necchi

necchi

necchi

Cannon MLF Supporter

I've found it easier to hit "Reply", then back-space or just selective scroll/delete to quote a comment.
    It's closer to olde school PC than what's needed for the current smart phones an the newest OS for PC or Mac,,
    Just sayin,,

8. Feb 14, 2019 #8

Zonie

Zonie

Zonie

Moderator Staff Member MLF Supporter

The trouble with back spacing and then doing something is more than a few times the person ends up removing the [/Quote] command.

That results in the persons added message getting included with the quote as one big blob of text looking something like this:

When this happens it ends up with me having to go into the post to edit it and add in the end post command that was mistakenly removed.

Angie likes this.