• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

How orange is orange?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Back to the original question, I would ask your State Game Department. Another option, Asbell Wool offers a Hunter Orange. Although not listed on their website I'll bet if you asked they would make you one of their many options in that color. Never know unless you ask.

I think a while back a member posted images of a capote he had made in Blaze Orange? It looked pretty good if I recall.

Out of curiosity I asked this question to one of our Virginia Conservation Police Officers that I know. Here is his reply:
Thanks for reaching out regarding the Blaze Orange question. Virginia code 29.1-530.1 addresses the Blaze Orange/Blaze Pink requirement. Paragraph A states, "For the purpose of this section, "solid orange" means a safety orange or fluorescent orange hue and "solid blaze pink" means safety pink or fluorescent pink hue."

The fluorescent hue is made to stand out in all vegetation as other orange hues have a tendency to blend with fall season colors. The fluorescent hue will be obvious to to other hunters.

Bear in mind this is a Virginia officer. Your State may have a similar or different view.

Back