• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

How old are ya?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Im always curious about the average age here.

• 0 to 30

Votes: 15 3.6%
  • 30 to 50

Votes: 60 14.3%
  • 50 to 60

Votes: 71 16.9%
  • 60 to 70

Votes: 140 33.4%
  • 70+

Votes: 133 31.7%

• Total voters
I'm 63. I started by assembling a percussion Kentucky pistol in high school shop class (just try doing that now)! 1976 or 1977. Bought a Lymann Great Plains percussion rifle in 1989. Currently use my two flintlocks (.36 & .50) mostly.

It seems like a lot of the 60+ age bracket started around the same time.
In 1976 the Bicentennial spurred many people to pick up muzzleloading. The Rendezvous came back around then. Many have participated. Some people have kept up with it all of these years. Also, movies like The Mountain Men and Jeremiah Johnson intriqued people too.

Well, shooting MLs, I'm not sure I can say I have been or am. I've shot BP for a couple years now. Been working on building a flintlock the last year. Hopefully I'll be sending balls downrange soon.

54 I spent a lifetime listening to the horror stories about Black Powder Firearms, early 40`s someone well had me shoot, then the addiction hit, couple rifles In-Lines followed by percussion, Revolvers, Hawken and well enjoying the load work-ups what works best what rifle. Now as far as in-lines go Round ball is awesome there I am guessing Twist rate. I know I can use sabots but if PRB .495 round ball tee-shirt patch is punching a 1.5 to 2 inch group at 100 yards why mess with it

72 years, now shooting Indian trade gun. I got hooked back in 1970 when a friend took me up to a match in mountain ranch and let me shoot his single shot.

77 last choosdy. Been shooting since age six, starting with my dad holding my hands around his M1911A1, stolen from somewhere or other, and seriously illegal. My first seven shots went straight into the sea in front of me, and left nary a trace. Began shooting BP in 1968. Never stopped since.

Back